PDA

View Full Version : Ruger MKII

American Rage
08-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Oct./Nov., I stumbled onto an unfired MKII for $300. I bought it to shoot, but haven't as of yet. Should I put it up as a future investment and buy a MKIII for shooting? I noticed that Gunbroker had a ragged out MKII for $300. All their other MKIIs for sale started at $400 and went up from there.

What say you, safe queen or useful tool? For the record, I found a MKIII at a local shop for $243 brand new. So, it's awfully tempting to make the MKII a safe queen and future investment.

Rage

RJ Shooter
08-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Not being a traditionalist, I love my 22/45! One of the most fun handguns I own!!!!

abpt1
08-21-2010, 03:40 PM
I have a MKIII 5' BB its a awesome shooter ! you just cant go wrong with rimfire ruger although it took me two weeks to clean it the first time taking it apart was easy but tiring to get it back together .:thumbsdown:

American Rage
08-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, just talked to my cousin, he's interested in the MKIII as a trainer for his daughter (she's 13). If he wants it, I'll let him buy it. But if not, I may break my no new guns (until I buy a house) rule.

Rage

Faulkner
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
There is no telling how many MKII's are out there due to it's 30+ year production run. It'll take a long time before even a new in the box MKII will be worth very much more than it is now.

It was over 60 years after the end of production before M1 carbines became such a hot item. Same for Colt SAA's and Winchester 1892's. It's only been fairly recently that the Colt Woodsman .22 semi-auto pistol has started to outpace inflation with it's pricing. That MKII could really be a collector's gem in 60 or 70 years if you're around to collect on it.

Personally, and not slamming the MKIII at all, I prefer the MKII as a shooter.

slamfire51
08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Not being a traditionalist, I love my 22/45! One of the most fun handguns I own!!!!

I've owned a couple Mklls, and before buying the last one, I tried the 22/45. I just didn't like the feel.
I suppose if you like the feel of a .45, it would be good. I don't.

videodon
08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
My MKIII 22/45 lower really likes the integral
Gemtech Oasis suppressor "riding" it!
:)
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac140/videodon/stuff/Oasis_Mite_1.jpg

American Rage
08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
There is no telling how many MKII's are out there due to it's 30+ year production run. It'll take a long time before even a new in the box MKII will be worth very much more than it is now.

It was over 60 years after the end of production before M1 carbines became such a hot item. Same for Colt SAA's and Winchester 1892's. It's only been fairly recently that the Colt Woodsman .22 semi-auto pistol has started to outpace inflation with it's pricing. That MKII could really be a collector's gem in 60 or 70 years if you're around to collect on it.

Personally, and not slamming the MKIII at all, I prefer the MKII as a shooter.

Sounds like I should demote the safe queen to the range princess.

Thanks all, I appreciate the comments.

Rage