PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Holsters - What do you use?

HammerHead
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I currently carry a CZ-40P in a HBE Leatherworks Pro IWB. The holster is beautifully crafted, and works well, but this pistol is just a tad large and heavy for comfortable concealment. I'm planning to pick up a Glock 23 very soon, and will need to find a new carry rig, too. I'm looking for ideas, so post up what works, (and what doesn't work), for you!

cciota
08-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Crossbreed Holster's small of the back for my XD-9 sub-compact. They don't make that style anymore.

RCS
08-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Crossbreed Holster's small of the back for my XD-9 sub-compact. They don't make that style anymore.

Stop bringing it up, then! :D

To answer your question, I'm picking up the first of the line of holsters I plan to try this coming friday (as the stores around the area won't let me try them on), which I expect to be an expensive and time-consuming process, but I've heard some great things about the Crossbreed Supertuck so I'm hoping it will be my first and only purchase.

HammerHead
08-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I've heard nothing but praise for Crossbreed Holsters, but wondered if the Kydex is harder on the pistols finish than a full leather holster.

Zoff12
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
BladeTech UCH with a Glock 22.

gewehr44
08-22-2010, 03:44 AM
I use a Comp-Tac (http://www.comp-tac.com/) CTAC holster with my XD sub compact. They have a newer model Minotaur that puts a piece of leather between you & the kydex for comfort. Very nice people & good customer service. I don't think kydex is any harder on the finish than leather as there tends to be fewer points of contact between the gun & holster. I would think the concern for any type of holster material is if some debris gets trapped in the holster that scratches the finish.

I have to admit, though, during the warmer months I've been exclusively carrying my KT PF-9 in a JS Holster leather pocket holster.

hazmat
08-22-2010, 08:23 PM
I've got a pair of Galco high ride belt holsters for my 1911's, a pretty shitty shoulder rig I bought at a gun show, and two Uncle Mikes IWB holsters for my 1911s. With both the UM and Galco holsters, I have styles in each to allow me to carry full size government models all the way down to officers models.

F-16 CHIEF
08-22-2010, 08:44 PM
You know, I really want a slim holster. There's nothing slimmer than one of those cheap nylon black holsters you get from a gun show. I have never had one slip out and they aren't that hard to draw from.

I have nice leather ones, but it feels like I have a boat anchor on me. Oh, I only use IWB's.

skorpion
08-23-2010, 07:12 AM
You know, I really want a slim holster. There's nothing slimmer than one of those cheap nylon black holsters you get from a gun show. I have never had one slip out and they aren't that hard to draw from.

I have nice leather ones, but it feels like I have a boat anchor on me. Oh, I only use IWB's.
+1 for everything mentioned by F-16 CHIEF. $10 Blackhawk Size 6 IWB nylon holster home-modified to fit a Glock 19 with Streamlight TLR-3 weapon light. Works beautifully, even with t-shirts.

AKTexas
08-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Bladetech IWB G23.

Lysander
08-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Comptac 2 O'clock for my G27.

Hondo
08-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Comptac 2 O'clock for my G27.

I'm interested in that holster for my Kahr PM9, how do you like it?

I currently carry on any given day (1) Ruger LCP in a Meco pocket holster (2) Kahr PM9 in a C-Tac (3) Colt LW Commander in a Sparks Summer Special

NextGen
08-23-2010, 09:22 PM
For summer time I use a Galco sky-ops IWB.

Winter - I use a Galco OWB (don't remember what the model is)

Charliebravo
08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Glock 26 in a Blackhawk paddle.

Lysander
08-24-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm interested in that holster for my Kahr PM9, how do you like it?

I currently carry on any given day (1) Ruger LCP in a Meco pocket holster (2) Kahr PM9 in a C-Tac (3) Colt LW Commander in a Sparks Summer Special

I like it a lot. I've been carrying AIWB for about 4 years now, so I got over the whole ".40 cal pointed your manhood" thing pretty quickly. No complaints, it locks down no matter what belt I'm using, and reholstering is quite easy.

That said the most comfortable holster I've ever used was an Uncle Mike's foam el cheapo that I used for my Compact CDP. The only downside was that it didn't hold its shape after a draw.

HammerHead
08-25-2010, 05:46 PM
I drive a truck, so I'm seated a lot. Don't think appendix carry would work well for me. I do like the the look of the Comp-Tac MTAC. Just came back from the Funshop with a new G23, so I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can give it a good workout! If it runs as it should, I think it will be my new EDC.
:hyper:

Lysander
08-25-2010, 05:50 PM
I drive a truck, so I'm seated a lot. Don't think appendix carry would work well for me. I do like the the look of the Comp-Tac MTAC. Just came back from the Funshop with a new G23, so I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can give it a good workout! If it runs as it should, I think it will be my new EDC.
:hyper:

I make the drive regularly between Ohio and Georgia and carry AIWB, though to be honest, when in a car I generally prefer a seat holster for ease of access, not comfort.

AKTexas
08-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Glock 26 in a Blackhawk paddle.

I just got one of those to try with the new G27.

RCS
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Has anybody heard of the Kholster?
www.Kholster.com
It's getting some good reviews on a few websites.

RCS
08-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Because I didn't hear anything about the Kholster, I think I'll go with the Supertuck--but one question: should I go with the Natural Horsehide for $15 extra?

az_paul
08-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I carry either the Glock 19 or the Glock 30 and have been using those springclips that attach to the gun for years. You end up with an IWB gun without the added weight and width of a holster.

HammerHead
09-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Has anybody heard of the Kholster?
www.Kholster.com
It's getting some good reviews on a few websites.

If you're thinking about a Kholster, they are having a sale 9/10 - 9/15.... all Kholster are $39.11 with free shipping. The following is from their Facebook page:

Kholster LLC ‎2nd Annual 9/11 'NEVER FORGET' SALE!!!
Friday 9/10 - Wednesday 9/15ALL Kholsters will be $39.11 with Free Shipping!
Last year we started a new tradition at Kholster. Every year on the eve of 9/11, we will have a sale and donate a portion of the proceeds to the BackStoppers Inc. Since 1959, more than 100 police officers... and fire fighters have given their lives for the safety of our local communities. The BackStoppers organization provides financial assistance to the surviving families of these fallen heroes. So we thought donating to this great organization could be our way of honoring those who selflessly gave their lives on September 11, 2001. Please help us support the BackStoppers. $3 will be donated to the Backstoppers for every Kholster sold during the sale. But even if you don't order a Kholster, please visit the Backstoppers web site and make a donation. No amount is too small - every penny helps. www.backstoppers.org Thank you for your support! jimmy