PDA

View Full Version : The Woodman's Pal

AK-J
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I got one of these a while back. It's an excellent machete. I've used it for clearing some land and camping. It keeps its edge really well, and makes short work of brush and small tree branches. Just about anything you'd use either a machete or hatchet. The brush hook comes in handy at times as well.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/avtomatj/WoodmansPal.jpg

AKTexas
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I got one of these a while back. It's an excellent machete. I've used it for clearing some land and camping. It keeps its edge really well, and makes short work of brush and small tree branches. Just about anything you'd use either a machete or hatchet. The brush hook comes in handy at times as well.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/avtomatj/WoodmansPal.jpg

Those are pretty cool.

old Grump
07-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Just about retired my machete after I got that. I have a brush knife too and while it isn't bad it doesn't perform as well as the Woodsman's Pal. With all the rain this summer my fence line looks like I'm in the tropics. It's been getting a decent workout.

Richard Simmons
08-13-2010, 10:06 AM
The Woodsmans Pal is on my "To Get List". Wish they would put an edge all the way to the end

AK-J
08-13-2010, 11:28 AM
They're left blunt like that for safety. The original inventor of it came to the conclusion that most accidents with cutting tools (IE hatchets, machetes) come from the tip hitting the person after a glancing blow to the object intended to cut. Leaving it blunt prevents this type of accident from happening. It doesn't interfere with the Woodman's Pal cutting ability.

sksAL
10-30-2010, 08:28 AM
i want. always see the shotgunnews ad, says you can "blaze trails" with one.thats the 1st pic ive seen of one, pretty big. i like it.

RangerRick
10-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I have the original sheath, two manuals,and sharpening stone.
The front/top blunt edge is sharpen on mine. One of the manuals teaches you how to fight with it. So the front edge is factory sharpen to stab with. The brush hook is use to de-nut or cut the femoral artery on the enemy.
It does work well in the field and combat. I carried mine to Nam with me and almost did not get to bring it back. But, pull pin and they saw the light. I got to bring it home light a few stripes.LOL.
RangerRick