PDA

View Full Version : Lee turret press kit !

printerman
03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Just made the move with a Lee turret press kit ! With so many friends hand-loading and always saying "Dude you should load your own" I finally did it !

Seems like a good idea to make rounds cheaper since I started USPSA ! I'm shooting about 150 to 200 rounds every other week and around the same with increased range time !

Any suggestions for LEE loaders !

L1A1Rocker
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Just made the move with a Lee turret press kit ! With so many friends hand-loading and always saying "Dude you should load your own" I finally did it !

Seems like a good idea to make rounds cheaper since I started USPSA ! I'm shooting about 150 to 200 rounds every other week and around the same with increased range time !

Any suggestions for LEE loaders !
I started shooting IPSC in collage. Started with an AMT hardballer and my dad's Rockchucker. I quickly moved up to a Dillon SDB that paid for itself in less than 6 months. I also quickly moved up to a Colt Combat Elite followed later by a complete custome built Para with Caspian slide.

Be prepared to spend lots of money!!! It's a very fun game and teaches very good skills but understand that it can teach bad habbits in the real world.

When Texas got it's CHL law I decided to take some extra classes for the "real world" and learned a frightning habit I had. We were doing a drill to draw and go to low ready position. When the whistle blew I could NOT do that. It got comical in the class but EVERY time the whistle blew I drew, put the front site on center mass and pulled the trigger - to an audible "click". Years of IPSC was ingrained into me that when it was "GO" my gun went bang. I learned that in a stress situation I do not have the option of drawing and assesing because I know if I draw, then gun is going to go bang - I cannot stop myself.

printerman
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I started shooting IPSC in collage. Started with an AMT hardballer and my dad's Rockchucker. I quickly moved up to a Dillon SDB that paid for itself in less than 6 months. I also quickly moved up to a Colt Combat Elite followed later by a complete custome built Para with Caspian slide.

Be prepared to spend lots of money!!! It's a very fun game and teaches very good skills but understand that it can teach bad habbits in the real world.

When Texas got it's CHL law I decided to take some extra classes for the "real world" and learned a frightning habit I had. We were doing a drill to draw and go to low ready position. When the whistle blew I could NOT do that. It got comical in the class but EVERY time the whistle blew I drew, put the front site on center mass and pulled the trigger - to an audible "click". Years of IPSC was ingrained into me that when it was "GO" my gun went bang. I learned that in a stress situation I do not have the option of drawing and assesing because I know if I draw, then gun is going to go bang - I cannot stop myself.

Wow , interesting head's up ! Thank you for your knowledge ......something to really think about !!!