PDA

View Full Version : Schrade Extreme Survival Special Forces Fixed Blade Knife

recon
04-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Thinking about getting this. Pros-cons?

http://bestpreparednessdeals.com/knife-week-the-schrade-extreme-survival-special-forces-fixed-blade-knife/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Bestpreparednessdealscom+%28B estPreparednessDeals.com%29

old Grump
04-09-2012, 10:45 AM
At that price it might be worth it but I just have an aversion to hollow handled knives, I've never seen one stand up to hard abuse and I like the weight of something a little more substantial in my fist.

Richard Simmons
04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I have no experience with 1070 and would like to see this offered in 1095. The CRK one piece knives are/were A2 and IMHO really set the benchmark for this type of "one piece" design. For the money it's probably worth it.

Personally when Schrade closed in 2004 and Taylor brand bought the name (all production went to China) I stopped buying Schrade. Not so much because they are all made in China (I have some Chinese made knives that are very nice and great quality) but because IMHO the quality was no longer there with regards to the product Taylor brands is putting out. YMMV