PDA

View Full Version : walnut media ....

printerman
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
A friend of mine cleaned my brass and his media was brand new . He used walnut and it left a very fine dust in my cases ! How should I clean it out or should I worry about it ? It's very fine , almost film like ....

Dr. Gonzo GED
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
A friend of mine cleaned my brass and his media was brand new . He used walnut and it left a very fine dust in my cases ! How should I clean it out or should I worry about it ? It's very fine , almost film like ....
I'm no expert, but you probably don't want adulterants inside the case.

For fine powdery stuff in hard to reach spots, compressed air works pretty good. I reccomend and actual air compressor over the canned kind. (The propellant in the cans will leave a film of it's own)

Good luck!

abpt1
04-12-2012, 02:26 PM

That's fine that dust will not hurt any thing walnut is all I use I put some polish on 1x1 cut cotton and it absorbs it but I have loaded thousands of rounds with that dust on the cases no worries....

ohknaks
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree, nothing to worry about.