PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Factory Marks On A WASR 10?

WOD
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi gang, new to the forum here, but I have been lurking here a few weeks. I saw the page with the Factory Marks that can tell me what country made my WASR, but I haven't found any clear marks on my receiver, barrel, etc.

I have a Century Int'l Arms M70AB2 Under Folder with a Tapco G2 trigger group, all black furniture. The stamping on the receiver is all CIA, I don't see any other marks. Would this be an American made WASR?

The shop where I picked up the M70 also had 2 others. One was another black furniture model, and the other was all wood furny, I want to know where to look so I can decide if it's worth the price they are asking. I know where there are others for sale as well, and I'm also considering them.

imanaknut
04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Actually the M70AB2 is a combination of US parts and Yugoslavian parts. Thanks to the ATF destruction of the second amendment, we cannot own a real M70AB2, so Century imports the allowed parts, and install enough US made parts to satisfy the new second amendment as written by ATF.

Check the receiver carefully. It should have the markings of what company made it. Most likely on the underside in front of the mag opening.

For what it's worth, the Yugo M70AB2 is one of the few Century built rifles that were done right!

WOD
04-24-2012, 12:41 AM
The only other mark on the receiver, is on the left side, just in front of the dustcover, and below the rear sight, there is a barely distinguishable circular mark, and outside of the circle is a 4. The circular mark is also on the right side too, just in front of the charge handle. It doesn't look anything like the marks I saw on the AK marking list. Correct me if I'm mistaken, I've read that the Yugo's are the better of the WASR 10 selections, or is that opinion vs. fact?

Bluntforce
04-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Correct me if I'm mistaken, I've read that the Yugo's are the better of the WASR 10 selections, or is that opinion vs. fact?

The Yugos are heavier, more expensive, and are more accurate at the cost of chromed barrels making them less resistant to corrosion and in need of more cleaning than the WASR. The WASR is less expensive, marginally less accurate and has a chromed barrel and therefore the legendary resistance to corrosion of its more expensive cousins.

I prefer the WASR. I am probably in the minority and that does not bother me.

l921428x
04-24-2012, 01:33 AM
The Yugos are heavier, more expensive, and are more accurate at the cost of chromed barrels making them less resistant to corrosion and in need of more cleaning than the WASR. The WASR is less expensive, marginally less accurate and has a chromed barrel and therefore the legendary resistance to corrosion of its more expensive cousins.

I prefer the WASR. I am probably in the minority and that does not bother me.
You are and me neither.

WOD
04-26-2012, 01:59 PM
When I went to the shop to pick one out, they had three available, one was plain wood furniture (lighter too), the other was also with black furniture (lighter too) and the one I bought ( the M70AB2), which I should be posting about in the other thread for Yugo's... thanks for the tips tho.

Tactical45
05-28-2012, 09:55 PM
What markings are on the trunnion just in front of the dust cover on the lh side?

You are and me neither.
Roger that!