PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart has decent buys on ammo (45 acp & 00 buck shot)

El Jefe
08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
The wife insisted I go to Wally's with her so since I was there I picked up some Remington 2 3/4" 00 buck shot at $10 for a box of 15. Also 100 round box of Remington 45 acp HP's for $40. I noticed the Winchester white box ball 45 acp was going for $34.97 per box of 100.

Not bad.

cciota
08-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Wally World is finally starting to stock up on ammo again? There was a time that they had hardly anything in stock so I quit checking out the sporting goods counter. I guess I'll have to go back.

El Jefe
08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Wally World is finally starting to stock up on ammo again? There was a time that they had hardly anything in stock so I quit checking out the sporting goods counter. I guess I'll have to go back.

They were in good shape for both pistol calibers and shot shells. Had a decent quantity of some hunting rifle stuff, but didn't have hardly dick for .223. A mixed bag to say the least.

I was pleased to see decent prices and supply of the 45 acp since I need to stock up on it.

aliceinchains
08-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Mine never had any hollow points. Guess i will start looking again.Thanks for the heads up.

old Grump
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Wal-Mart can stuff them up their Chinese ass. I only shop at American toy stores.

CigarGuy
08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Wal-Mart can stuff them up their Chinese ass. I only shop at American toy stores.

I like the cut of your jib, OG!

slamfire51
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Ask Swampy about American companies when it come to US automobiles. He'll give you an ear full.

Back to subject.
Did WM have a good selection of .22's

El Jefe
08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Ask Swampy about American companies when it come to US automobiles. He'll give you an ear full.

Back to subject.
Did WM have a good selection of .22's

Rifles or ammo?

.22 ammo, they have tons.

Rifles, they have Ruger, Marlin & Mossberg in different configurations, those are the ones I know they stock, they may well have more.

El Jefe
08-23-2010, 03:03 PM

Not sure I understand the attitude. It's an American company, selling American products, all the while employing Americans. How would it be better to buy the same product at a higher cost from another retailer? Sure, I can see being down on all the Chinese crap they market, but that's not what we're talking about here.

slamfire51
08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Rifles or ammo?

.22 ammo, they have tons.

Rifles, they have Ruger, Marlin & Mossberg in different configurations, those are the ones I know they stock, they may well have more.

I'll have to ck mine.
Last time I was there a couple months ago, they were about out of everything.