PDA

View Full Version : New Pistol on the Way!

ltorlo64
04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
OK, it is new to me, but not really new. Just ordered a CZ 82 from J&G Sales. It should be waiting for me when I get back. The store I am sending it to said holding it until I get back is not an issue. I ordered the Very Good condition model. It costs a little more, but the reviews I saw stated the pistols and the holster were almost like new. Didn't spend the extra $20 for hand select though. Couldn't see the purpose in that.

Next, to order some ammo. Thinking of getting Sellier & Bellot. Probably just a couple of boxes at first, then I will get a case. I just want to be able to shoot it when I get home. Now the wait starts again.

Schuetzenman
04-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Congrats, take photos of it when you get it. The S&B is going to be top end 9x18 ammo.

ltorlo64
04-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Congrats, take photos of it when you get it. The S&B is going to be top end 9x18 ammo.

I have to look around at where I found it, maybe on LuckyGunner, but it was cheaper that Prvi Parizan. If I was at home, I have a bunch of ammo sites in my favorites. Here at sea I am having to go by memory. That is another reason I will probably only get a couple of boxes. LuckyGunner has good service and a good selection, but their prices are a little higher.

Dr. Gonzo GED
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Always had great performance with the S&B in mine.

IIRC, the price for 50 rounds was a little steep compared to 9mm, and it was hard to find, but dang if it wasn't compact and lightweight! You could almost fit 100 in a cigarette box! I used to compare them to a 50 round box of .45acp to get a laugh from my friends.

FunkyPertwee
04-28-2012, 03:00 AM
They like steel cased fine in my experience. I would just get Silver Bear or some equivalent.

ltorlo64
04-28-2012, 11:54 PM
The pistol is shipped. Should be notified of delivery on Monday! To bad I will be a few days before I can pick it up.

ltorlo64
05-02-2012, 10:16 PM
The pistol arrived yesterday. Now I just need to get home and pick it up.

Found that they have 9x18 at the Cabella's just down the street, so I will probably stop there on the way home! It is a little more expensive than online, but once you add in shipping it is about the same.

FunkyPertwee
05-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I like my Falco brand black leather belt holster for it. That and the spare mags. Got to get spare mags.

ltorlo64
05-03-2012, 09:14 AM
The pistol comes with a holster so I am waiting to see what I get. As for a mags, it only comes with one. I figure on getting at least 2 more. They are not as expensive as I thought they might be. About the same as a mag for my Glock and much less expensive that one for my SIG Mosquito.

FunkyPertwee
05-03-2012, 09:24 AM
My holster came left handed, yuck. Not only that, but its completely unsuitable for comfortable belt carry with normal civilian clothes. Looks like it was meant for a duty belt.

slamfire51
05-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Congrats on getting a CZ-82.
I love mine for carrying. I use a pocket holster since I hate belt holsters. The pocket holster allows carrying without printing even when wearing a tee shirt.

The CZ-82 is very accurate and reliable. I use Silver Bear 115 gr. HPs for carrying and LVE 92 gr. FMJ for plinking. I also like the 13 rd. capacity. You might want to look at buying a loader because the 11th and 12th rounds are a bitch to load. I use a HKS loader for double stack .380 mags. Makes it a breeze to load the mags.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/41Ri3KQGlFL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/holster5182011001.jpg

ltorlo64
01-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Congrats on getting a CZ-82.
I love mine for carrying. I use a pocket holster since I hate belt holsters. The pocket holster allows carrying without printing even when wearing a tee shirt.

The CZ-82 is very accurate and reliable. I use Silver Bear 115 gr. HPs for carrying and LVE 92 gr. FMJ for plinking. I also like the 13 rd. capacity. You might want to look at buying a loader because the 11th and 12th rounds are a bitch to load. I use a HKS loader for double stack .380 mags. Makes it a breeze to load the mags.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/41Ri3KQGlFL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/holster5182011001.jpg

I didn't get the loader at first. I went out one day and fired about 150 rounds and I thought my thumb was going to tear itself open. Those are not easy mags to load! I purchased the loader you recommended and it works great. I am thinking of getting my daughter a CZ83. If I do, a loader will definately come with the package.

slamfire51
01-16-2013, 10:34 AM
I didn't get the loader at first. I went out one day and fired about 150 rounds and I thought my thumb was going to tear itself open. Those are not easy mags to load! I purchased the loader you recommended and it works great. I am thinking of getting my daughter a CZ83. If I do, a loader will definately come with the package.

I'm glad your thumb demanded you get a loader........ LOL
Like I said, makes shooting the 82/83 a lot more fun.