PDA

View Full Version : Real or Fake Polytech Underfolder

SUCKERPUNCH
04-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Due to the ever increasing prices of Polytech's, especially the NIB. Can anyone please provide your thoughts if this is a fake or lack of quality control.

1) White lettering on the make and model

2) PF-08104 = PF should be Factory 416 instead of factory 386.

Due to my lack of knowledge on Polytech's quality control with respect to consistency on factory marking and white marking coloring, I would like to know if anybody has ran across this issue.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1401&d=1335631784

Herbbie
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Real

imanaknut
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
That is interesting. You are correct that "P" should be 416.

The white lettering was done by one of the owners. Some people like highlighting the lettering on their firearms.

Do you have a photo that shows the whole rifle? Interested to see what the barrel looks like.

Also, since it is in the box, what is the serial number listed on it?

Do the other numbered parts have the same last 4 digits of the serial number?

SUCKERPUNCH
04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my delay in answering. I have a hard time uploading the pics with the file size limits. I needed to do some heavy editing.

Anyways, I have not received confirmation of serial code on the box or other internal gun parts (i.e. bolt carrier, etc). Owner has an accept the pics or don't buy it philosophy.

imanaknut
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the added pictures.

Everything looks correct except the normal factory stamp, but as everyone who knows me knows, my favorite saying about the Chinese AK variants, is that with the Chinese, the only rule was there were no rules.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Kengs had a rifle or two stamped wrong. After speaking to several of the Kengs many years ago and having a few laughs at some of the things that went on, it would not surprise me to find that rifle is stamped correctly, as per Keng's Firearm Specialties!

If the price is right, it is a nice rifle. You don't come across a double underfolder that often!

SUCKERPUNCH
04-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Thank you again, I greatly appreciate your time and efforts in responding.

Thanks for the added pictures.

Everything looks correct except the normal factory stamp, but as everyone who knows me knows, my favorite saying about the Chinese AK variants, is that with the Chinese, the only rule was there were no rules.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Kengs had a rifle or two stamped wrong. After speaking to several of the Kengs many years ago and having a few laughs at some of the things that went on, it would not surprise me to find that rifle is stamped correctly, as per Keng's Firearm Specialties!

If the price is right, it is a nice rifle. You don't come across a double underfolder that often!

Hobe Sound AK
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey Nut! what about a left over Rifle, from Factory 416, and they just stamped 386 on it, it appears to have never had the 416 Triangle on it.

imanaknut
04-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey Nut! what about a left over Rifle, from Factory 416, and they just stamped 386 on it, it appears to have never had the 416 Triangle on it.

Very possible. As you well know, and it is my favorite saying about the Chinese AK variants, to repeat, with the Chinese, anything was possible..

Nitris
05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
My polytech double under folder is 386 pf as well.

So yep it's real.