PDA

View Full Version : Police blow Wash. mountain bunker, find man dead

Broondog
04-29-2012, 11:05 AM
ok, who are we missing?

NORTH BEND, Wash. (AP) — Peter Keller spent eight years carving his hole in the side of the mountain, camouflaging the rugged underground bunker with ferns and sticks and stocking it with a generator and ammunition boxes sealed in Ziploc bags. Suspected in the deaths of his wife, daughter and pets last weekend, he headed there prepared for the long haul with high-powered rifles, scope and body armor.

Seattle-area tactical officers who slogged for hours over dangerously steep, muddy ground to find him were prepared too. They pumped in tear gas, called for him over bullhorns, and, after 22 hours, set off explosives along the top of the bunker Saturday.
Keller was inside, already dead of a self-inflicted gunshot. A handgun was next to his body.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-blow-wash-mountain-bunker-man-dead-231431444.html

Justin
04-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Honestly, if this guy wasn't an armed "survivalist," this wouldn't be national news. The media is trying to once again portray all "preppers," as whackjobs. In any case though, at least we won't be wasting money for this asshole, while he rots in prison for the rest of his life.

blacksheep
04-29-2012, 12:39 PM
So all survivalist are going to be on the government watch list, I'm guessing they already were.
Now the media will paint them with same brush as gun owners and militia members and so on.
Is being prepared going to be a chargeable offense ?

Warthogg
04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Ruby Ridge......Mr. Weaver and his family were 'survivalist' when the Left Stream Media coverage began. Shortly thereafter, the Weavers became White Supremacists.....so much easier to demonize.

Maybe this time the LSM will find a way to demonize survivalists.

Wart

LAGC
04-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Ruby Ridge......Mr. Weaver and his family were 'survivalist' when the Left Stream Media coverage began. Shortly thereafter, the Weavers became White Supremacists.....so much easier to demonize.

Maybe this time the LSM will find a way to demonize survivalists.

Uh, hate to point it out, but Weaver WAS a white separatist. By his own admission, he'd visited the Aryan Nations compound and was even wearing an A.N. belt buckle to prove it.

Still doesn't justify what the Feds did, killing his dog, wife, and boy.

Just like with David Koresh, they could have easily nabbed him when he made a routine run into town to get something from the store. Instead they made a big spectacle out of it, surrounding their cabin and turning it into a big stand-off, boxing him in against the wall, making a violent resolution ever more likely.

I do agree that the MSM does seem to be trying to paint survivalists/preppers as nutty though. There used to be a time when people who had full-blown bomb-shelters loaded with supplies were thought to be wise, today they are "nut-jobs."

stinker
04-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I do agree that the MSM does seem to be trying to paint survivalists/preppers as nutty though. There used to be a time when people who had full-blown bomb-shelters loaded with supplies were thought to be wise, today they are "nut-jobs."

Your ideological allies. Just sayin.

Peter Keller spent eight years carving his hole in the side of the mountain, camouflaging the rugged underground bunker with ferns and sticks and stocking it with a generator and ammunition boxes sealed in Ziploc bags.

They pumped in tear gas, called for him over bullhorns, and, after 22 hours, set off explosives along the top of the bunker Saturday.

Not exactly what i would call secure if they can go straight to pumping in gas and open it like a sardine can with one little door charge.
What the hell is civillian law enforcement doing with explosives on hand anyways?

Warthogg
04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Uh, hate to point it out, but Weaver WAS a white separatist. By his own admission, he'd visited the Aryan Nations compound and was even wearing an A.N. belt buckle to prove it.

Still doesn't justify what the Feds did, killing his dog, wife, and boy.

Just like with David Koresh, they could have easily nabbed him when he made a routine run into town to get something from the store. Instead they made a big spectacle out of it, surrounding their cabin and turning it into a big stand-off, boxing him in against the wall, making a violent resolution ever more likely.

And no where did I say he was not.

My point - paltry - was given choices of the Weavers being survivalists or white supremacists - both were true - the lame stream chose white supremacists as the label to better vilify.

Wart

5.56NATO
04-29-2012, 02:24 PM
If you execute your fam and pets you're pretty much a wacko.

Broondog
04-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Not exactly what i would call secure if they can go straight to pumping in gas and open it like a sardine can with one little door charge.
What the hell is civillian law enforcement doing with explosives on hand anyways?

yeah that was one of my thoughts. after 8 years of excavation you would think the place would be a bit more secure. even looking at the one pic that the cops released of the interior, the guy didn't look very organized.

and didn't you know that the fuzz needs all that stuff kept on hand to deal with all of us right-wing, domestic terrorist types? i mean after all, we are the ones who are buying all of those hand grenades and machine guns at the gun shows.

i totally agree with this.

El Jefe
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM

Yep, no other way to look at it.

insider
04-29-2012, 09:41 PM
So, now the police are judge, jury, and executioner. No arrest, no trial, just label him a survivalist, white supremacist, or whatever the latest buzz word is, and that justified killing him like a rat in a hole. You people cheering it on are just as sick!

ltorlo64
04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
So, now the police are judge, jury, and executioner. No arrest, no trial, just label him a survivalist, white supremacist, or whatever the latest buzz word is, and that justified killing him like a rat in a hole. You people cheering it on are just as sick!

My family and I live no more than 90 minutes from here. The news is reporting that he died of a self-inflicted wound not something the police did.

insider
04-29-2012, 10:09 PM
My family and I live no more than 90 minutes from here. The news is reporting that he died of a self-inflicted wound not something the police did.

I understand that, but the police were doing their best to "flush" him out. The man was obviously crazy, and needed help a long time ago. Too bad it cost so many lives. Too bad the media and law enforcement will use this to demonize gun owners.

El Jefe
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
I understand that, but the police were doing their best to "flush" him out. The man was obviously crazy, and needed help a long time ago. Too bad it cost so many lives. Too bad the media and law enforcement will use this to demonize gun owners.

Well, what were they supposed to do, let him go?

insider
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, what were they supposed to do, let him go?

Like I said, he needed help a long time ago. No, not let him go. What's it matter, he dead and its done.

stinker
04-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Novel concept. Conversation goes something like this.

Cop is outside the bunker talking through the probably metal door saying "so you're not coming out for us then?"

"No way you dirty coppers"

"You sure about that sir?"

"That's right! COME AND GET ME PIGS!"

"Ooookie.....HEY CHUCK, BRING UP THAT ARC WELDER AND GENERATOR. LETS SEAL HIS ASS IN AND GO HOME"

"Doh"

:copper::urowned:

Does'nt really apply here though since he allready had given his pistol a blowjob by the time they found him.

5.56NATO
04-30-2012, 08:09 AM

Meanwhile in America several million gun owners spent their day without commiting a crime.