PDA

View Full Version : Siaga AK 47 magazine problems

CAJUN_CHOOTER
05-05-2012, 08:00 AM
I just got a Siaga AK 47, it came with one Tapco magazine..i wanted to buy more but they do not lock in all the way.. i even bought a Pro Mag & a military surplus at a gun show ... neither of them will lock in.. i read some AK 47 are modified to accept regular AK mags.... anyone know what is involved to modify my Siaga so that a regular magazine will fit ?
Went to a local gun store... they tried 3 of the magazines they had in stock.. same problem... they then said that it takes "SIAGA" MAGAZINES ONLY ! anyone ever heard of this ?

im_n2_vws
08-05-2012, 11:00 AM
You will have to file a little material off of the mag catch on the Saiga. In order to use ak mags. But once you do this you won't be able to use Saiga mags. You will also have to install a bullet guid on the saiga as well to use ak mags.

Skarekrow88
08-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I just got a Siaga AK 47, it came with one Tapco magazine..i wanted to buy more but they do not lock in all the way.. i even bought a Pro Mag & a military surplus at a gun show ... neither of them will lock in.. i read some AK 47 are modified to accept regular AK mags.... anyone know what is involved to modify my Siaga so that a regular magazine will fit ?
Went to a local gun store... they tried 3 of the magazines they had in stock.. same problem... they then said that it takes "SIAGA" MAGAZINES ONLY ! anyone ever heard of this ?

Saiga Sporting Rifles will accept only Saiga proprietary magazines unless converted. Arsenal Inc. is one company that imports Saiga rifles and converts them to accept standard AK magazines, among many other changes, then sells them. Don't worry, you just bought an uncoverted Saiga rifle. You have three options, buy some Saiga magazines and just deal with it, have someone convert it, or convert it yourself.