PDA

View Full Version : ak shopping

JTD
05-09-2012, 11:38 AM
hello to all

i wam looking for an ak 47 and dont really know much about ordering on online like what steps i need to take and what not but all i do know is that i need an ffl dealer that can resive the weapon. i need some help to figure this out and forund one i really like on Atlantic Firearms llc.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct947.aspx

and was wondering if any body had any suggetions on how to go about ordering that weapon

please help

imanaknut
05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
To order any weapon online, if it is out of state for you, you first must find a dealer willing to accept the delivery of the firearm and do the federally required transfer. Many dealers are willing to do this and usually charge around $25 for making the required phone call and logging the transfer ( on form 4473) in their federally required books.

Once you have a dealer willing to do the transfer, have them email, fax or snail mail a copy of their FFL to Atlantic Firearms (if Atlantic is who you are buying from). Then call Atlantic, and they will walk you though the purchase process, verification that they received the FFL copy either of the three ways.

Atlantic will then send the firearm to your transfer dealer. Have them mark the box "ATTN your name so that the dealer knows who to call when it arrives. You will then go to the dealer, fill out the 4473, they make the NICS call to the feds for verification that you are approved to own a firearm per the way ATF and the fed interpret the new constitution, and if you are deemed ok, you pay the dealer their transfer fee, and take your firearm home.

Hope the above is what you were looking for.

PS, Atlantic Firearms are a great bunch of people. I have had many contacts with the owner and can highly recommend them as a seller of quality stuff. Just remember, anything you buy has been built by a human being and every now and then that human might mess up a bit. That is not the fault of Atlantic, but they have a great reputation for doing the right thing to their customers.

El Laton Caliente
05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Gunbroker.com and shotgunnews.com both have lists of receiving FFL's; put in you zip code and get a list...

Either you or your receiving FFL have to get a copy of the liencence to Atlantic or who ever you buy from...

JTD
05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
ok thanks for the help

i may end up ordering one from them but this will be my firs gun that i will buy and don't want to have to do all this work just to not be approved so i may buy one in store then order another through them

thanks for the help