PDA

View Full Version : Polytech legend: dark wood or blonde wood?

JHN
05-28-2012, 08:18 AM
The administrator has already given me an answer to this question, but I would like to hear everyone's opinion. If you can choose between either dark or blonde wood on a Polytech National Match AK, which would you choose? What are the pros and cons of each kind of wood, if any? Which is more rare and desirable?

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before.

imanaknut
05-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Actually I think this is a great idea for a survey to find out personal preferences.

Personally I like the darker reddish wood on the Legend series, but the lighter wood on the AKM variants.

Actually I like the idea so much I made it a poll!

FunkyPertwee
05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
I like the dark red Polytech wood so much I bought a Polytech pistol grip for a Romanian AKM.

Herbbie
05-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Minwax red mahogany stain is 99% the same i just got done with a stock set and matches like a champ!!

I prefer the red also

Here is the Herbbie stain job im really happy with how it came out before it was 1st gen Poly-tech blondish color. Also has a very light coat of polyurethane clear on. The Grip is stock polytech (for comparison). the parts on the gun i did. Ill get off my ass and get shots next to my legend with the red wood for the best comparison but for now.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp33/Herbbie_photos/9c1e65fa.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp33/Herbbie_photos/c2c1ed5e.jpg

JHN
05-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Herbbie, that's a nice lookin rifle! So looks like the dark reddish wood is the clear winner. I'm glad I got the national match in dark wood. I will post pics soon.

JHN
05-30-2012, 10:15 PM
I doubt anyone would know the answer to this question but...
How many polytech National Matches were imported before the ban and how many of those were in the blond wood?

imanaknut
05-30-2012, 10:23 PM
You are right that the answer to how many of any Poly Techs were imported is nearly impossible figure. I have spoken to various members of the Keng family several times, and some of the funniest stories were how they requested a specific design change, and forgot to tell the Chinese to use a new serial number sequence. When the rifles arrived, they were mixed together and nobody thought to separate and count them.

So the answer is more than a few, but less than they have no idea.

If I remember correctly, David Keng told me that the minimum order was 200 of a variation, but whether that included different color stock sets or just the basic configuration I do not know.

imanaknut
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I wonder if spam-bots are attracted to polls???