PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the October Surprise

Oswald Bastable
07-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at anything the crooks in DC are planning to maintain power.

http://www.examiner.com/x-37620-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d10-Preparing-for-the-October-surprise-prior-to-midterm-elections

Preparing for the October surprise prior to midterm elections
July 10, 9:42 PM
Conservative Examiner
Anthony G. Martin

Political observers who have grown wary of the motives of Barack Obama, his Administration, and the Democrats who control Congress are increasingly concerned about the real possibility of a trumped up 'October surprise' prior to the 2010 midterm elections in November.

The term 'October surprise' refers to a tactic used by partisan political operatives to somehow manage to unveil a damaging revelation about one's opponents just prior to an election.

This time, however, observers have reason to be believe that the surprise may involve much more than a routine campaign of disinformation. With public support taking a nosedive for Obama and the Democrat-controlled Congress, and with almost daily revelations that the present Administration is soaking in corruption to the core, the tactics of this particular October surprise could well turn ominous.

Tyranny always attempts to find a way to stay in power.

(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais).

However, to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Astute citizens can get prepared for whatever the Leftwing subversives throw at valiant defenders of liberty.

Atlas Shrugs' Pamela Geller has written an excellent piece entitled, 'Get Wise to October's Surprise.'

Geller postulates a theory, with substantial factual backing, which maintains that the present Leftwing Democrat power structure in Washington is prepared to use the inevitable coming financial collapse to usher in controls that they will claim 'will save us from the calamity.'

Of course, the mainstream media will be 100% compliant in serving as the mouthpiece for this propaganda.

The way to counter it is very simple. As Geller states,

"...this comprehensive counter needs to have two components. One is the message of anger: get the Dems to understand that whatever they are planning in October, all it will serve to do is make TeaPartyers, conservatives, and independents - a majority of voters - mad. It will serve to increase their anger, not deflect it. So an October Surprise will do no good and will even be counter-productive.

"Two is the message of blame: get the Dems to understand that whatever they are planning in October, they will be blamed for it. It will be their fault for allowing it to happen, or for trying to pull off a dirty trick."

Easy enough.

Anger and blame. Let the Marxist minions of the Administration beware. Any attempt to pull some dirty trick, manufacture a disaster, or use a disaster to propagate a Leftwing political agenda will be met by seething anger on the part of the electorate that will result in the blame being placed squarely where it belongs--right in the laps of Obama and the Democratic leadership.

It is time, therefore, for Tea Party patriots, conservatives, libertarians, and Independents to start the counter-offensive NOW. As Geller summarizes,

"TeaPartyers and conservatives should, then, begin a campaign right now and carry it through all the way to Election Day. Write letters, send e-mails, take out open-letter ads in local papers, etc., to the Dem National Committee, Dem pols local to national, and Admin Dems like Rahm Emanuel telling them:

"Hey, Democrats! Thinking of saving yourselves in November with an October Surprise? Fuhgetaboutit! You'll just make your defeat worse.

"The message should go on to explain how nothing they do is going to work. It need not accuse them of plotting any specific act, just tell them that whatever they are plotting, it will fail, serving only to enrage voters against them.

"Millions of such messages delivered ever week from now to November 2nd may convince even Rahm Emanuel to abandon the evil he and his fellow Dems are planning."

Be sure to catch my blog at The Liberty Sphere.

gunnutz
07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Interesting. But just remember that all politicians are in it for themselves.

gunnutz
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh Yea! Glad The sites back up! This remindes me of the old days when it was just ak-47.net!

matshock
07-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Interesting. But just remember that all politicians are in it for themselves.

My thinking is that there won't be a real political revolution until AFTER there's nothing to lose.

Just like Perot if anyone tries to rock the boat while it's still afloat they'll be subject to death threats by power brokers, bankers and unions.

It's going to take a "Give me liberty or give me death" mindset to change anything and no rich candidate is going to do that- they have too much to lose.

old Grump
07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Right now the dirty word is incumbent and that includes those Democrats who voted against Obama's little poison pills and the Republicans who voted for Obama's little poison pills.

I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of NEW faces when the new congress gets sworn in and more mice leaving the executive team. I think the surprise will be at how many incumbents take their pension and run.

alismith
07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Right now the dirty word is incumbent and that includes those Democrats who voted against Obama's little poison pills and the Republicans who voted for Obama's little poison pills.

I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of NEW faces when the new congress gets sworn in and more mice leaving the executive team. I think the surprise will be at how many incumbents take their pension and run.

And while they were in there, they made sure they have a very nice pension to run to...and we're paying for it.

chiak47
07-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Oswald, Vit, JVD and OG...
Have you guys been watching the WI gubernatorial race and if so who you favoring right now?
I heard Scott Paterick on the radio today and he sounds like a smart candidate. I don't know how far he is going to go...

Tom Barrett is a member of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition...I guess he should form a Mayors Against Tire Iron's Coalition...lol

old Grump
07-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Walker or Neumann would win in a race against Barrett but Neumann is way behind Walker in the polls. In fact every time Barrett opens his mouth he drops a little more. People remember his strong Pro Obama stance and he is a poison pill for the Democrats. Ron Johnson is in a dead heat so far against Feingold, our best chance ever of getting somebody besides another Democrat in the Senate. I don't think his little McCain/Feingold incumbent protection act is helping him this time around. Oops, I'm sorry, I meant the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002.

Then Feingold made a lot of press with his open letter to Obama opposing the bailouts and his position statements opposing the bail outs unless the burden was taken off the taxpayers. then he voted for them anyway. People remember that, not his public stand against it. I guess there wasn't enough smoke. He will have to do something substantial or Johnson will have to hurt himself in order for him to get another win. Look for dirty tricks in the next 3 months, well 110 days.

chiak47
07-14-2010, 11:55 PM
OG..Great assessment.

There are alot of dim signs up in this area...
It seems like the same houses with the obama signs in 08 are the same ones with the Feingold signs now...Some people never learn.

Oswald Bastable
07-15-2010, 12:23 AM
So far my support is for Neumann for Gov as Walker strikes me as more of a moderate to RINO leaning repuke, and I'm almost as fed up with the pukes as the dims. I wish Neumann would have gone ahead and run as an independent though. I find it somewhat disingenuous to align yourself with the Tea Party movement and then still run as a repuke. I'll likely vote for Johnson against Feingold, but then I'd vote for a dead termite over Feingold. :)

chiak47
07-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Oswald, great info...This election season will either make us or break us and I am not going to vote for the lesser of the two evils in any race...

With that said....

Paterick really sounds like a solid candidate. I doubt he will make it far but his ideas are solid as far as getting this states financial books back on track. He also claims that if he was elected then he doubts he would be elected for a second term cause he would bust up gov programs and downsize gov workers pay.
Self made man with no political background...Just what this state needs.:prayer: