PDA

View Full Version : Damn, it's hot!

El Jefe
06-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Sitting here this afternoon smoking a Cusano, Churchill, and having a nice, generic, glass of Makers, and crap, the heat out here on the patio, is about to ruin my buzz. :(

old Grump
06-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Down to 84 today, planted some Hosta's and fixed my sisters jewelry box. Now I am enjoying a nice cold glass of grape Kool-aid with lots of ice in it. Life in the fast lane here in the woods. I can barely keep up with all the excitement.

TEN-32
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Burnin' the a/c here. 90s for days on end. Picked up some Stokkebye English Luxury. Its fantastic if you like the English blends. I was on a C&D Billy Bud kick but this is nicer...smoother.

El Jefe
06-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Burnin' the a/c here. 90s for days on end. Picked up some Stokkebye English Luxury. Its fantastic if you like the English blends. I was on a C&D Billy Bud kick but this is nicer...smoother.

Um, uh, yeah. :gruebel:

Could we get that in English, please, sir? ;)

El Jefe
06-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Down to 84 today, planted some Hosta's and fixed my sisters jewelry box. Now I am enjoying a nice cold glass of grape Kool-aid with lots of ice in it. Life in the fast lane here in the woods. I can barely keep up with all the excitement.

Bout 10 degrees hotter here today. I'm watering my precious hostas every 5 days or so. Pictures later. :)

TEN-32
06-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Its pipe tobacco. I alternate between pipes and cigars...

Helen Keller
06-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Its pipe tobacco. I alternate between pipes and cigars...

bullshit!
that sounds like Potpourri

Was about 81* here today and perfect.
Did yardwork and have been welding like a little monkey for a few hours.

mrkalashnikov
06-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Hot indeed around Chi this week, but I'll take this kind of weather anyday over the godforsaken -120 or thereabouts we sometimes get here in the winter.

I've been on a hand-made Nicaraguan Mocha stick roll lately, from my local stogie shop.

Nice mild to medium smoke, full flavored but very smooth, moist, & even burning.

Just got done toking one on the patio with the family, whilst roasting some kebobs on the lump charcoal-fired Weber, along with a few glasses of a good chilled Pinot Gritiot.

Life is good. :cigarsmoking:

mrkalashnikov
06-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Btw....that -120 should be -20,lol :freeze:

Schuetzenman
06-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Hasn't been so bad the past week, going to hit 90 by Wed. they say. I'm good with up to 86°F, get to 90°F and I pretty much stay inside if I can.

imanaknut
06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
I will never complain about the summer heat. Now the winter is another thing. In the winter I can't lay out on the back porch with a beer in one hand, a good book or magazine in the other, and the radio blasting, or just enjoying the birds chirping and watching the local wildlife.

Nope, it doesn't get any better!

Of course, a little rain every now and then would be nice, say from about 2AM to 5AM every other morning. :smiley31:

recon
07-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Finally got some rain to cool things down. Yep,fall,winter and spring are the best times for smoking cigars.

El Laton Caliente
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
It's in the high forties here today... I'm wearing my Carhart Vest...