PDA

View Full Version : AK/Mak honest accuracy

GT27
06-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I Installed a side mount and 6x scope on my ATI fiberforce stocked Mak 90.The rifle shoots 2" at 50 yards consistently now (Wolf 123 hp) with the scope and my eyes .Is this average for this platform or are there really MOA shooters out there? Whats you honest average?Please honest only,and groups of 5 shots or more on a consistent basis,no:bs: GT27

O.S.O.K.
06-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Well, of course it varies from gun to gun and shooter to shooter. Assuming that your scope is installed on a solid mount, then you should expect something like 3" groups at 100 yards with ammo that the gun likes. Some will do better. Siagas and Vepr's in particular are generally more accurate - 2" and under at 100 yards.

Most of my AK's hover +/- the 3" mark at 100 yards if I'm doing my part.

A good trigger can help a lot.

If you haven't already, try some different brands of ammo and see how it shoots with them.

GT27
06-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, of course it varies from gun to gun and shooter to shooter. Assuming that your scope is installed on a solid mount, then you should expect something like 3" groups at 100 yards with ammo that the gun likes. Some will do better. Siagas and Vepr's in particular are generally more accurate - 2" and under at 100 yards.

Most of my AK's hover +/- the 3" mark at 100 yards if I'm doing my part.

A good trigger can help a lot.

If you haven't already, try some different brands of ammo and see how it shoots with them.

Scope/or open sights,if your doing 3" open,I really need to see a ophthalmologist bad!!!!!!!:smiley_freak: I have some cast made up and going to try that. GT27

imanaknut
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
For what it's worth, the book says that Mr. Kalashnikov designed his rifle to shoot an 8 inch group at 150 yards. Basically one minute of human chest.

stinker
06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Mine shoots minute of man just fine at 100. If i aim moderately careful it can headshot size group at 100 easily. That's all i expect from it and it never disappoints.

If i really wanted a tack driver that could split a pubic hair on a flea i would custom build a bolt action or breech loading lever single shot.

gpwasr10
06-18-2012, 12:52 AM
My SGL hangs at about 2" or so, give or take a half.