PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck with Gun Auctions - Timing, not the Sellers ..... :(

tank_monkey
06-26-2012, 12:44 AM
I hate it when I watch an auction but get pulled away by important work and see that a nice rifle that is well worth $400 on a no reserve auction and then when I RETURN to the computer and CHECK the auction, that Rifle went for $125 because only one person bid on it. DOH!!!!

And yet when I'm closely watching an auction for a firearm that would be nice for my collection, SUDDENLY a bunch of yahoos start a bidding war for it, jacking the price up to 100% OVER the blue book value!. WTF? Great for the seller, but I don't like market prices being set by jerkweeds who pay too much for stuff.

So when you don't pay attention, the gun goes for a song. When you do pay attention, everyone starts a bidding war......

Rant off :D Thanks for listening :D

1 Patriot-of-many
06-26-2012, 02:45 AM
Same thing happens when I bid on military vehicles. I bid $3200 on this beauty, 513 miles, 45 hours on the engine, the thing is virtually new. It went for $3300 A real pisser for me,A real steal on a winch truck let alone the condition it's in. If I had bid more, I bet it would've went for 5-6K if I got into a bidding war

http://bcove.me/i5q45m72

FunkyPertwee
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
At least gunbroker doesn't have all the sniping that Ebay does.

I simply refuse to bid on Ebay, when there is nearly a 100% chance someone will come in and outbid me in the last 15 seconds.

Ruskiegunlover
06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
My years long string of luck on gunbroker is that when I have money, NOTHING I am looking for is there......when I don't, evrything is there, and usually awesome deals too. Really guts under my skin sometimes.....

Gunner1558
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
The story of my life, a dollar short and an hour late.