PDA

View Full Version : Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

Doogles
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Any one have any problems from ordering anything from Wideners.com? I am NOT saying that Wideners had anything to do with it, but 2 days after placing an order with them I recieved a call from my credit card's fraud dept and my card number was jacked and used to buy 2 airline tickets with Saudi Airlines.

deth502
06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
you never know, the "leak" could have come from anywhere. it could easily have come from that transaction through no fault of widners. the net is full of fucking leeches stealing whatever they can.

personally, ive never had that problem with them. ive had fradulent charges 2x, neither time any where near whwn i was dealing with widners. frankly, if i tried to tell you who i was dealing with, it would be a pure guess, i dont remember that far back. i think one time i had just ordered from either ctd or sportsmans guide.

Richard Simmons
06-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Been a few years but used to order from them with some regularity and never had a problem.

Helen Keller
06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Do you or have you used your card to pay for ANY type of phone service or utility????????

Wideners got 7.5 mas berdan primed brass 300 for $40.
Why oh why can it be boxer....:verymad:

Schuetzenman
06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Ordered many times from them, but not recently. With hackers no data base is 100% safe anymore. Linked In got jacked by a Russian Hacker some time ago. Might of got your number elsewhere too and just finally used it. You should contact Widener's just in case they are not aware of a breach!

Helen Keller
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
they have programs that run like a slot machine.

Names. numbers , expiration dates, 3 digit sec. code.

A few years back mine got nailed by a Church in Australia.
I asked the bank if they'd front airfare for me to go burn the place down.
They laughed . Little did they know what I would do if I ever got there.

2 years ago My bank card got hacked and was used to buy $1200 worth of baby shit in spain. I got the info from the bank and wormed my way into finding who/what/and when and gave em a map of the place too. GUy I know got that same shit within 2 weeks... We both payed our verizon bill with our bank cards. Coincidence?

biggest thing is . If you buy gas and 5 minutes later theres a Point of Service Charge in Lake TittyKawka that's 30000 miles away 5 minutes later they freeze everything.

deth502
06-27-2012, 07:19 PM
one of the 2 times mine got hit, i couldnt understand it. someone in florida used my number to buy a computer and have it shipped to their house for something like $950. then they returned it, but there was a $60 shipping charge that didnt get refunded. why the fuck would you return something that you stole in the first place??

Schuetzenman
06-27-2012, 09:50 PM
one of the 2 times mine got hit, i couldnt understand it. someone in florida used my number to buy a computer and have it shipped to their house for something like $950. then they returned it, but there was a $60 shipping charge that didnt get refunded. why the fuck would you return something that you stole in the first place??

To get a $950 buck refund old boy. They don't care about the shipping as it wasn't their money anyway.

slamfire51
06-28-2012, 05:25 AM
My card info was used to buy 4 memberships to Sony's Playstation site.
$680.
I called the bank and luckily, Sony's 800 # was listed on my online bank account.
I called the # and told the guy I don't even own a Playstation, much less need 4 memberships. Within 30 minutes, the funds were credited to my account. I was pretty lucky on this one.

Nautilus
06-28-2012, 06:29 AM
I've ordered from them a couple times in the last few months.... no issues.

abpt1
06-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Any one have any problems from ordering anything from Wideners.com? I am NOT saying that Wideners had anything to do with it, but 2 days after placing an order with them I recieved a call from my credit card's fraud dept and my card number was jacked and used to buy 2 airline tickets with Saudi Airlines.
Dude I order from them several times a year and have never had an issue.

Doogles
06-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone, and BTW my bank did cover the charges and credited my account.:hoo-yeah:

deth502
06-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks everyone, and BTW my bank did cover the charges and credited my account.:hoo-yeah:

good to hear. they usually do in credit cases.

deth502
06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
To get a $950 buck refund old boy. They don't care about the shipping as it wasn't their money anyway.

thats the thing, the money got refunded to my card, not to them.

maybe that was their intent, only they were just too stupid to think things through first.

az_paul
07-15-2012, 12:42 AM
I was attending a gun show in Phoenix and used the card for the motel. Someone hacked it and purchased several hundred dollars worth of college football souveniers. The card company caught it and straightened things out immediately.

Skeeter
11-19-2012, 08:51 PM
good to hear. they usually do in credit cases.

Now that’s funny

slamfire51
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Now that’s funny

:welcome: to the board.

Funny 1st post.

Skeeter
11-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks much, this looks like a good spot to shoot the bull.

swampak
11-19-2012, 09:57 PM
I too use them alot and never had a problem,they are good people.

slamfire51
11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Not much traffic here.
You are welcome to join in on other discussions through out the board.

Enjoy.