PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SD3G in LR-308T.

nfa1934
06-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Put a Geissele SD3G in my LR-308T. Very nice dry fired. Can't wait to run live ammo through it. Supposedly the trigger reset is extremely short.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/nfa1934/1c0e26dc.jpg

davepool
07-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I like that. What's the pull weight? It seems like the flat surface would give you better options for finger placement than the usual curved trigger.

Had a chance to shoot it yet? Accuracy has got to improve over the stock LR308T trigger, mine sucked.
I put in a Timney cause they are close to my house and give me a discount when i go to their shop and pay cash.

nfa1934
07-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I like that. What's the pull weight? It seems like the flat surface would give you better options for finger placement than the usual curved trigger.

Had a chance to shoot it yet? Accuracy has got to improve over the stock LR308T trigger, mine sucked.
I put in a Timney cause they are close to my house and give me a discount when i go to their shop and pay cash.

Advertised pull weight is 3.5, don't have any setup to verify. Actually replacing a Timney with this one. I had to remove a lot of metal from the Timney hammer to allow the bolt to cycle. Didn't like doing that much fitting so I moved the Timney to my Bushmaster (after replacing the ground down hammer with a new heavy hammer/hammer spring from Timney). It actually worked out well, the new Timney hammer and spring are better for the .22lr upper that I sometimes run on the Bushmaster and the Geissele fits the LR-308 perfectly (I took a different Timney out of the Bushmaster and used it to build one of my Spike's lowers, it was too light to run the .22 without modification to the firing pin and firing pin spring). I basically moved every trigger to the rifle it best suited and then ordered the Geissele for the DPMS. The stock DPMS trigger was so awful, putting it back in was never a consideration.

davepool
07-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Have you noticed any strange marks on the fired brass from your rifle?
Mine look like there was some rough machining done on the chamber that leave distinctive rings near the base of the shell.
I've never had a feed or extraction issue and the accuracy is fantastic, so i'm not too worried about it, just curious if this is common with DPMS

It does make it easy to separate my brass between my AR10 and LR308 :)

nfa1934
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Have you noticed any strange marks on the fired brass from your rifle?
Mine look like there was some rough machining done on the chamber that leave distinctive rings near the base of the shell.
I've never had a feed or extraction issue and the accuracy is fantastic, so i'm not too worried about it, just curious if this is common with DPMS

It does make it easy to separate my brass between my AR10 and LR308 :)

Haven't noticed. I'll definitely look next time I fire it.

AK-J
07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I've got a Geissle SD-C in my AR-15. It's super sweet! Probably the best trigger I've ever used.

abpt1
07-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I have a G3G in my stealth and it is easy the best trigger I have ever owned ....