PDA

View Full Version : zastava built yugo

filthy phil
06-28-2012, 04:56 PM
http://www.jgsales.com/cai-yugo-zastava-akm-47-pap-m70-rifle,-7.62x39-caliber,-with-pistol-grip-and-wood-stock.-p-6775.html
$650 ready to go. (next cheapest i've seen readily available is the rommy)
anybody handled one of these?
is the reciever originally made for single stack and modded? how's the fit n finish?
heard a couple reports on loose top cover. could that be fixed?
thx

biglebeauski
09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
the reciever is originally made for single stack and then modded by cent arms. i had no problems with the top cover or anything at all being loose. however my two cent arms zastava paps misfed .... A LOT. apparently due to the double stack conversion. i sent them back to cent arms for smithing but i think both bolts need to be re worked because they are single stack bolts. however when the gun did fire it was great and ive also heard a lot of good things about these guns i just got unlucky on both i guess

FrankM
12-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm having the same problem. Sending my rifle back to CAI tomorrow. Never fired the gun but miss-feeds every time a round comes out from the left side of the mag when hand cycled. I hope they are able to fix it. As for the top cover being lose, mine was a little when I got my rifle. All i did was lightly tap the back end of the cover out towards the stock and it fits very tightly now. No wobble at all. It's a great gun though. It's made very well.

filthy phil
12-16-2012, 07:50 PM
got it and i honestly forgot about this thread.
broke her in with 280rds. mostly rapid fire. mags used were the 30's that came with it (they honestly fit too tight for fast mag changes) and the rest were rommy 40's. also had a one or 2 other 30's i got later. ammo was either wolf poly or tula from wally world.
the only issue was on one of the 30's a failure to strip the top round. after i removed 1 or 2 it fed fine. (i was a dumbass and didn't mark the mag in issue, but the other day i reloaded all my 30's and couldn't replicate the issue, so idk?)
it got so hot the finish in a couple spots cooked from black to grey.
now i just need a bayo lug fsb installed and get a traditional dust cover
http://i.imgur.com/behVS.jpg