PDA

View Full Version : Krink Questions

hazmat
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I've been on the hunt for an actual Krink in x39, with dismal results. Seems the pool of available SLR-107URs is pretty much dry.

So, I'm left with pursuing alternate remedies to my problem. The question I have revolves around the M92. While I've got plenty of UF rifles, I really like the Russian designed side folder.

How close are the Yugos to the actual AKS-74U design?

Are the dimensions pretty close, in that I could use Rusky handguards in place of the factory offerings?

If I go with the M92, I'll probably either buy a kit and work a side folder into it, or just buy a M92 pistol and do the conversion (with the prerequisite paperwork on file with the appropraite 3-letter federal agency, of course) myself.

Helen Keller
08-26-2010, 08:06 PM
How close are the Yugos to the actual AKS-74U design?

mostly cosmetic.

IMHO

Save up and just get a Real Bulgy AKS74U parts kit. Easy build. Loud as hell and gets hot fast but Little recoil and very fun.

hazmat
08-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Already got one. On a Form 1. Looking for something in x39.

F-16 CHIEF
08-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, I went with the 107 UR. The handguards are from Ironwood designs. One size fits all on the handguards. Same with the rear buttstock. Mine is a Bulgy side folder. I belive that the Russian/Ironwood handguards would fit the M92 just fine. I think. Don't quote me on that. I'm like you. I really dig the side folder. I knew the 107-UR's would dry up, so I pounced on it.

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/SBRkrink2.JPG

mrkalashnikov
08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, I went with the 107 UR. The handguards are from Ironwood designs. One size fits all on the handguards. Same with the rear buttstock. Mine is a Bulgy side folder. I belive that the Russian/Ironwood handguards would fit the M92 just fine. I think. Don't quote me on that. I'm like you. I really dig the side folder. I knew the 107-UR's would dry up, so I pounced on it.

That is one beautiful shorty AK. Sad to say as long as I live in the Land of Lincoln I'll never own one. :(

1 Patriot-of-many
08-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Already got one. On a Form 1. Looking for something in x39.

? Are you saying 5.45?

Partisan1983
08-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Yugo krinks have a lot of differences, more than just cosmetic, to the Rusky/Bulgy krinks.

hazmat
08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
? Are you saying 5.45?

Yup.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/AK%20Stuff/DSCF0029.jpg

Chief, that's exactly what I'm after. Unfortunately, the 107UR's have seemed to dry up and x39 Krink kits are at this point, a thing of the past. Wished I'd got one when they were available. Now I'm left with retrofitting a Yugo M92, if I decide to go that route. I know the 107URs are out there, I just can't seem to find one.

FunkyPertwee
08-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Dracos are cheap now. :biggrina:

F-16 CHIEF
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
If I find one, I'll let you know. There's a shop around here that had one for a long time. It was 899 I think. It had been sitting there forever.

Surly
08-29-2010, 06:04 PM

He already has one of those on a Form 1 too.

Hazmat, if you can find the shit for a '74 barrel, I can always make a x39 barrel accept the parts with the lathe. You'll just need a KP receiver and and the rest of the AK parts. We can make a regular bolt carrier work.

You missed a good time yesterday.

hazmat
08-29-2010, 08:51 PM

Got one of them, too, as Surly said, on a form 1.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/AK%20Stuff/DSCF0179.jpg

Also got an AMD 65 on a Form 1.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/AK%20Stuff/a66eb6d0.jpg

Chief, if that dude's still got it, let me know. I'd love to have it.

Surly, yeah, I wish I coulda been there, the contraption they put together looked like it would a been a hoot. I was just out of gas. With only 2 days off up to this weekend, I was beat, and needed to sleep in for a change. That whole 'sleep when yer dead' thing hits a little too close to home for me now, if'n you know what I mean.

Surly
08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Surly, yeah, I wish I coulda been there, the contraption they put together looked like it would a been a hoot. I was just out of gas. With only 2 days off up to this weekend, I was beat, and needed to sleep in for a change. That whole 'sleep when yer dead' thing hits a little too close to home for me now, if'n you know what I mean.

Sunday would have been perfect for that. You missed the nice beginnings of a prairie fire too that got put out. Really, really good time.

hazmat
09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Sound like a good time was had by all then. I saw some of the pics from the event, and I think I saw that PKM over in Sturgis the last day we were shooting. Looked like a riot to shoot.

BTW, don't think I'm going to have a table at the upcoming show in 2 wks. Work schedule intrudes and I won't be getting off work until midnight Friday night/Saturday morning. I may just go as someone off the street on Sunday.

FunkyPertwee
09-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I forgot you showed me that draco already.

I think your shorty AK collection is pretty impressive.

hazmat
09-01-2010, 10:40 PM
But not quite complete...

FunkyPertwee
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM

That thing is beautiful. :thumbsup:

awp101
09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
You'll just need a KP receiver and and the rest of the AK parts.
KP?:gruebel:

hazmat
09-03-2010, 10:56 AM
NDS 1 KP. The 'Khyber Pass' receiver.

Crash
09-03-2010, 11:44 AM
For the side folding stock on a Yugo.
It's been a while since I did it for a friend but keep in mind you'll have to modify the Yugo front trunnion for the folder to work properly. I had to drill the front trunnion to accept the pin that holds the stock latch and spring that keeps the folder in place when it's closed, that was easy. I also seem to remember that the front trunnion sat lower in the receiver and you need to move the location of the slot (lower) for the stock locking latch. Just look it over before you modify the receiver for the latch, I just remember it caught me off guard during the build.

awp101
09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
NDS 1 KP. The 'Khyber Pass' receiver.

Aha! Thanks!

hazmat
09-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Might have a line on a complete Bulgy 47SU kit. Fingers crossed...

Of course that news is temperd by the fact that Harlan isn't planning on another run of the NDS 1 KP receiver until sometime later in the year. Can you say "Epic Suck"?

hazmat
09-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Down to the home stretch now. Less than 24 hrs before I know if I'm gonna have that sucker or not. Fingers crossed...

WTF, Over? I finally find a x39 Bulgarian Krink kit and start to bidding, and now them fuckers are coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches. What gives????

My luck, I'll get outbid on the one I'm working on, and the others will disappear like twinkies at a Weight Watchers convention. Sonovabitch....