PDA

View Full Version : keystone arms 20 gauge

zandersmom7504
08-26-2010, 09:25 PM
i have a keystone arms co made in pa its a single barrel can anyone tell me anything about this gun please i cant find anything on the internet about it thanks

deth502
08-27-2010, 01:33 AM
i know someone else who has an old keystone arms single bbl shotgun as well thats missing a forearm, i never have been able to track down much anything on them.

old Grump
08-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Keystone Ejector shotguns were made by Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich,CT (1892 to 1932) for and were sold by the E.K. Tryon Jr and Company of Philadelphia,PA. The other Keystone guns, just plain Keystone and Keystone Arms Co were made by the W.H. Davenport Arms Co and the W.H. Davenport Arms Co and Hunter arms Company respectively. It's a "Trade Brand Name" shotgun, made by a major maker for and sold by a wholesaler or retailer who chose the name to go on the gun.

They were proofed for black powder or early low pressure smokeless powder and they have shorter chambers, (2 1/2"), than modern guns made after 1930. Not to be used with modern ammo. Unless you can find a pile of old parts guns I suspect your best bet is to get to a stock maker or get out the whittling knife and make whats missing. Good Luck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Ansleyone/FromEdwKTryonCompany1926Catalogue.jpg