PDA

View Full Version : My first AK-47 is on it's way

TBOUnderdog
07-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I was just wondering what some of the mod's people would recommend for internals. I was planning on taking it hunting so I know I will want a Quadrail and a Bipod, but can anyone think of some internals work that would need to be done to the Saiga's parts?

Thanks in advance,

El Laton Caliente
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the board!!!

Are you buying one already converted to pistol grip & standard AK mags?

TBOUnderdog
07-14-2012, 07:31 PM
The problem is I don't know. We had to order it and I haven't had a chance to sit down with my gunsmiths yet. I think it is pistol grip converted.

TBOUnderdog
07-19-2012, 06:15 PM
So according to the guys at my gun store I hit the jack pot. I got pistol grip and modified for standard AK magazines, it came with 2 30 round clips, a cleaning rod, a pill box to hold all my tips. It is pretty good but like all factory guns when I got it home i had to do some work. after disassembling and cleaning the dust cover wouldn't go back on so I had to do some modification to where the stock met the frame. I now realize that from the start the dust cover was never properly on and now it slides in like a dream after a little filing. Cant tell how pleased I will be til first firing day, but right now excitement shall reign. I cant wait til I get the money to do the Rail and Bi-pod work on it :-D

videodon
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Welcome...and ENJOY! :)

El Laton Caliente
07-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a good deal. Saigas are nice rifles.

TBOUnderdog
08-21-2012, 05:56 PM
So, one month and an additional $300 later I have my AK right where I want it :-D Gone is that shitty tiny plastic stock, I replaced it with a really nice six position/with cheek rest, and it's collapsable. I added a Qudra Rail upfront, pinned to that is my Bi-Pod and Fore Grip, I got a super lowprofile rail mount for my scope, it's quick release so when I get a red dot and Magnifier I can swap out, I got Low profile rings for my scope, and put a nice Redfield Scope on there just to complete the picture :-D.

El Laton Caliente
08-21-2012, 06:34 PM
A little tactical for my tastes in AKs but if your happy... Glad you are liking it. Hows is it grouping?

imanaknut
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Belated welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

As ELC stated, as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters.

Enjoy and how about a picture or two of your personal cre-AK-tion?

whitelightning777
01-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Just make sure its 922 compliant since you made it tactical. Its the (stupid) law.

Some land owners don't like high capacity mags. If you go hunting, get either 5 round or 10 round shortie mags.

Wiktor
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
AK-47 the number one battle rifle in the world that are currently available in the United States. US began building attractive semi-automatic “American” AK-47s and AK-74s by replacing the stamped receiver and trigger group only.
aged care queensland (http://www.agedcareguide.com.au/facility_details.asp?facilityid=18428)