PDA

View Full Version : 1960 Milled AK

service rifleman1
07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi there. I am looking at the 1960 Polish Milled Ak's offered at Centerfire Systems. Has anyone any experience with these rifles. Seems like a good deal for a milled Ak. Some of the reports I have been reading of warn about CAI rifles not being consistent quality guns. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Kind regards.

Helen Keller
07-13-2012, 10:50 PM
i had one.

Best bet for the $$$ unless you want to dish out the extra cash for a chinese model.

Krupski
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi there. I am looking at the 1960 Polish Milled Ak's offered at Centerfire Systems. Has anyone any experience with these rifles. Seems like a good deal for a milled Ak. Some of the reports I have been reading of warn about CAI rifles not being consistent quality guns. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Kind regards.

I thought one of the "features" of the AKM was the fact that it was stamped and therefore lighter?

I never heard of a "milled" AKM.

FunkyPertwee
07-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I thought one of the "features" of the AKM was the fact that it was stamped and therefore lighter?

I never heard of a "milled" AKM.

You couldn't have found a more polite way to inform our new guest about soviet weapon designations?

imanaknut
07-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Ok, I fixed the title as I wasn't the only one who had trouble looking at "milled" referring to an "AKM". Figure it was just a typo.

At least it wasn't called an "AK-47", but that is another story.

Krupski
07-15-2012, 11:36 PM
You couldn't have found a more polite way to inform our new guest about soviet weapon designations?

I wasn't being impolite or anything... I just never heard of a milled AKM........ :)

Krupski
07-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok, I fixed the title as I wasn't the only one who had trouble looking at "milled" referring to an "AKM". Figure it was just a typo.

At least it wasn't called an "AK-47", but that is another story.

Why? "AK47" would have been correct. Just ask the MSM.

Plastic pistol made in Austria = AK47
Black rifle in caliber 5.56x45 = AK47
Airsoft rifle = AK47
....etc......

imanaknut
07-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Why? "AK47" would have been correct. Just ask the MSM.

Plastic pistol made in Austria = AK47
Black rifle in caliber 5.56x45 = AK47
Airsoft rifle = AK47
....etc......

Can't argue with that logic, after all it was the MSM that invented the "AK-47", so much so that even Mr. K. who knew better was caught using the MSM designation for his otherwise Avtomat Kalashnikova.

:smiley31:

service rifleman1
07-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi there. In my post there is a QUESTION of the rifle being a solidly built worth the $600. Please forgive me if I did use the designation AKM in my title. It is not found in my post if you look at my first post. I am aware that the AKM was a designation of the stamped variant. I am just looking for some feedback on the milled Polish 1960 gun offered at Centerfire Systems. Thank you.

imanaknut
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Don't worry, we get like that every now and then. I usually tell anyone new to this site, as well as others, that thick skin and a warped sense of humor are a good idea. Typos happen, and sometimes in the worst possible location. :D

Anyway, Centerfire has a very good reputation for selling quality firearms. The rifle you reference seems to be a bargain as milled AK variants usually are going for a couple hundred more. Unfortunately their site shows out of stock.

Oh, and don't feel bad about accidentally typing "AKM" in the title as the Centerfire ad isn't correct for the model! The ad says it comes with, and shows a correct AK bayo, but then they say it does not use the standard AK bayo and does not have a bayo lug, when the lug usually is on an "AKM" and they mean "standard AKM" bayo. So even those in the know don't always get the designation correct. :smiley31:

http://centerfiresystems.com/akagun-pol.aspx

Helen Keller
07-16-2012, 02:08 PM
like I said, they're fine.

Accuracy is very good as well. Mine grouped best with Yugo.

service rifleman1
07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey thanks for the responses and the feedback. Regards.