PDA

View Full Version : In the Humidor

CigarGuy
08-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Thanks to the powers that be for opening up this room! I got dibs on that plushy
leather chair, over there in the corner, in front of the TV!
Now, what to smoke?

recon
08-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks david! Okay what is the flavor of the day?
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=itemDetails&itemcode=LGDC5

aliceinchains
08-29-2010, 06:50 PM
What can us frugal guys smoke at a decent price?

recon
08-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Whats your flavor?
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/category/CIGARS/CIGAR-DEALS/8365/pc/8335.uts

CigarGuy
08-30-2010, 06:18 AM
What can us frugal guys smoke at a decent price?

What do you consider a "decent" price? What size do you prefer?

Guns Network Staff
08-30-2010, 10:50 PM
I highly recommend the Davidoff second line Private Stock. Either a #5 or #6 and a box runs $55 to $65 for 25 stick. Mild to medium bodied with a distinctive flavor.

Private Stock cigars are handmade in the Davidoff factory with the finest 'ungraded' Dominican fillers and wrappers. All that means is the leaves were not inspected for grading. But you can still expect these cigars to be first-rate. And since they're made in the same place as such brands as Avo and The Griffin's cigars, you're assured a rich, flavorful, and aromatic smoke. A great value if you want Davidoff quality in an affordable, premium cigar.

aliceinchains
09-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I highly recommend the Davidoff second line Private Stock. Either a #5 or #6 and a box runs $55 to $65 for 25 stick. Mild to medium bodied with a distinctive flavor.

Private Stock cigars are handmade in the Davidoff factory with the finest 'ungraded' Dominican fillers and wrappers. All that means is the leaves were not inspected for grading. But you can still expect these cigars to be first-rate. And since they're made in the same place as such brands as Avo and The Griffin's cigars, you're assured a rich, flavorful, and aromatic smoke. A great value if you want Davidoff quality in an affordable, premium cigar.

That is up my alley . Thank you.

my-rifle
09-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I can't find it anywhere. Where do you find a Davidoff cigar for under $70 a box of 20?

BTW, for ordinary (non-connoisseur) cigar smokers, the 5 Vegas Anomaly cigar is box-pressed full 'o yumminess. Connoisseurs turn up their noses at it, but most garden variety stogie-smokers I've met love them. Its taste is a bit more harsh than the 5-Vegas Gold which I suppose puts it in the "Medium-bodied" range. For me it gives me a coffee-flavored taste right through the smoke, as long as you don't get crazy on it. Smoke one of these too fast, and it contaminates the tobacco. Take your time.

Guns Network Staff
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I can't find it anywhere. Where do you find a Davidoff cigar for under $70 a box of 20?

BTW, for ordinary (non-connoisseur) cigar smokers, the 5 Vegas Anomaly cigar is box-pressed full 'o yumminess. Connoisseurs turn up their noses at it, but most garden variety stogie-smokers I've met love them. Its taste is a bit more harsh than the 5-Vegas Gold which I suppose puts it in the "Medium-bodied" range. For me it gives me a coffee-flavored taste right through the smoke, as long as you don't get crazy on it. Smoke one of these too fast, and it contaminates the tobacco. Take your time.

You can order the #5 or #6 here at Holts: http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=86753&trail=86665

El Jefe
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Habana or go home! ;)

mrkalashnikov
04-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes, I'm glad there's at least one forum on this board not overrun with trolls, marxists, pro-NAMBLA advocates, Obama voters, closeted homosexuals, and other forms of protozoa life. At least for the time being.

El Jefe
04-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes, I'm glad there's at least one forum on this board not overrun with trolls, marxists, pro-NAMBLA advocates, Obama voters, closeted homosexuals, and other forms of protozoa life. At least for the time being.

The freaks are afraid of second hand smoke. ;)