PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE HERE....sorry but indulge me plz !

pump1986
07-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Where should I look for a poly tech Chinese AK? Any and all ideas plz Web sites, gun shops etc. Many thx to all my new/soon to be friends !!!

imanaknut
07-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Check here for info on Poly Technology rifles: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?1481-Info! It is in our Poly Tech forum. Yes, the Norincos and Polys should both be under the umbrella of "Chinese AK variants" but...

As to where to look for one, Gunbroker has some listed, but the prices are going through the roof due to the limited number of them in the USA, the fact that ATF has banned importation of any new ones, and more people getting into the hobby. Also check Auction Arms which I believe is now Gunauction dot com, but that is not a popular site, but because of that I have gotten a few good buys there.

Finding one in a gun shop is pure luck, but it does happen. Check gun shows in your area, but again, they are rare, hard to come by, and pretty pricy.

Make sure you know what you are looking at, and looking for, because there are many variations, and the pre-Bush1-ban versus post-Bush1-ban variations with many people saying they have a pre-ban and price the rifle as such, but it really isn't. And you can't argue with them, they know everything about their "true 'pre-ban' Poly Tech".