PDA

View Full Version : Drank the AK Kool-Aid...again.

oxfordethan
08-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Finally got back in the AK club! After selling a Bulgarian SSR-85C about 3 years ago I just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to get another one. This time a WASR 10/63. No dimples, Tapco mags fit nice and snug, straight sights. Gas block has a smidge of a cant to it. Overall a nice looking WASR. Once I saw that it was made the same year that I was born I had to get it! Now I just need to get some ammo and go run a few hundred rounds through her.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/oxfordethan/wasr.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/oxfordethan/wasr2.jpg

videodon
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Very nice...not quite a replacement for your Bulgy though, eh?
:)

Woogiebear
08-02-2012, 11:07 AM
You gonna leave the furniture that blonde color or dye it proper?

oxfordethan
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Very nice...not quite a replacement for your Bulgy though, eh?
:)

Actually, the sights and gas block are straighter on the WASR...Go figure? The Bulgy did have some nice solid wood blonde furniture. I still kick myself for selling the Bulgy but the WASR will fit the bill as long as it functions. The side scope mount was a must this time. Probably won't use optics very often but I'd like to take a whitetail with it this upcoming season and I feel the scope may help me get a better placed shot...

You gonna leave the furniture that blonde color or dye it proper?

I'm not sure what color it should be but I'd like to stain/clear them in something DARK!

imanaknut
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Nice rifle, and welcome back to the AK-addiction!

Little minor thing, the parts used to build your rifle were stamped during your birth year. The WASR-10/63 was most likely actually built using those parts within the last couple of years. The WASR receiver was designed to allow importation of the rifle within the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment.

Regardless, a really nice rifle, and should give you years of fun!

oxfordethan
08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
^ Thanks. Yep. i figure it was meant to be a single stack 10 rounder based onthe "10/63" marking and the lack of dimples. They did weld in the side plates to help with the wobble...of which there is hardly any on this rifle.

insider
08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
You sold an SSR-85C, then later on bought a WASR? WOW!

oxfordethan
08-03-2012, 07:28 AM
You sold an SSR-85C, then later on bought a WASR? WOW!
I know, right! I should have my head examined.

insider
09-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Its all right, I traded my SSR-85C for a S&W model 629.