PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas had a good deal on Russian .223 so I popped for some

O.S.O.K.
08-27-2010, 05:58 PM
They had Rusky 55 gr fmj with grey polymer coated casings for $3.99/box of 20, or roughly $200 per 1000, so I decided to get 25 boxes. This stuff looks like Wolf - forget the advertised packer (Uly?) - anyhoo, this is for my Saiga .223.

I'm in the process of loading up some brass cased ammo for my AR's - but thought this would be a good thing to have on hand for the Saiga.

abpt1
08-27-2010, 06:04 PM
They had Rusky 55 gr fmj with grey polymer coated casings for $3.99/box of 20, or roughly $200 per 1000, so I decided to get 25 boxes. This stuff looks like Wolf - forget the advertised packer (Uly?) - anyhoo, this is for my Saiga .223.

I'm in the process of loading up some brass cased ammo for my AR's - but thought this would be a good thing to have on hand for the Saiga.

Check out these prices !

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com

Deth502 has had quite a few duds from the batch of tula he bought ....

deth502
08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
yup, im about 300 rnds into the case now, and i have had 3 already that have not fired due to the primer being rammed in sideways.

i havent had any other problems, all the ones that fired, fired well, fed well, and had good accuracy, but that kind of qc is, imo, unacceptable.

and i also keep seeing the palmetto state armory prices, they have a lot of really good deals, its getting really hard to resist most of them. i might be going into debt soon....... ive never dealt with them personally, but i havent heard anything bad about them yet.

Arnulf
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I have some russian 5.56 fmj that is RNC that sez sporting rifle ammunition...its in a red white n blue box...looks like wolf.

ubersoldate
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Ive gotten some of the best deals ever at that cabelas in Buda...

deth502
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I have some russian 5.56 fmj that is RNC that sez sporting rifle ammunition...its in a red white n blue box...looks like wolf.

yeah, these are teh black and white boxes, but i was a bit confused by the fact that they stated something like "hunting rounds" or some such shit on the package while they were fmj's. possibly something to get around import laws??

Arnulf
08-27-2010, 09:57 PM
yeah, these are teh black and white boxes, but i was a bit confused by the fact that they stated something like "hunting rounds" or some such shit on the package while they were fmj's. possibly something to get around import laws??

Yeah..mebbe. :)

Smart sales packaging on the russkis part....red white n blue boxes of ammo. :D

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/nordland/DSC_0001_2.jpg

abpt1
08-27-2010, 11:19 PM
yup, im about 300 rnds into the case now, and i have had 3 already that have not fired due to the primer being rammed in sideways.

i havent had any other problems, all the ones that fired, fired well, fed well, and had good accuracy, but that kind of qc is, imo, unacceptable.

and i also keep seeing the palmetto state armory prices, they have a lot of really good deals, its getting really hard to resist most of them. i might be going into debt soon....... ive never dealt with them personally, but i havent heard anything bad about them yet.
Dustin just ordered 1k of XM193 for 309.00 this morning he was asking me ammo questions at like 7am on FB chat UGH wtf lol but i forgot i loaned him 300rds to go shooting with and he brought my brass back so Thats cool :thumbsup:

Dr_Scholl
08-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Price of ammo has really dropped. We've gone from a supply crunch to a glut in the blink of an eye.

My local gun store is selling those 200 round value packs of American Eagle 55 grain for $70 a pop now. It used to be $100-$110. My dad picked up a box of Federal 115 grain 9mm for $10 the other week.

NewbieAKguy
08-28-2010, 12:53 AM

+1 on palmetto state armory. Added them as friend on FB and they'll list deals all the time. I succumbed to the deal they have on blazer .45acp. It'll be delivered on monday :happy:

deth502
08-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Dustin just ordered 1k of XM193 for 309.00 this morning he was asking me ammo questions at like 7am on FB chat UGH wtf lol but i forgot i loaned him 300rds to go shooting with and he brought my brass back so Thats cool :thumbsup:

yeah, the proces are almost getting reasonable again!

i know i wont be getting any, i already have my next 2 checks promised out. hopefully the trend continues though.

Partisan1983
08-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Never, ever gotten a good deal at our Cabela's.....and we have Gander Mt's and Bass Pro shops too.

Come to think of it, I've never gotten a deal from any of 'em.......just too many damn fudds in my area I guess.

O.S.O.K.
08-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I was just in my shop and took another look - its Tula - not Uly or Barnaul. No wonder it looks like Wolf! Has a stamp on the head that looks like a backwards S with dots at the ends - but is actually two U's with dots, side by side.

Black and white double stack (side by side) boxes.

Deth522 - is this the ammo that you had the bad rounds with?

Cabelas does have good deals - but you do have to look for them - that's for sure.

And thanks for that link to Palmetto - very good prices!!

deth502
08-28-2010, 11:28 PM
yup, thats the stuff. not sure of the headstamp, but the black and white boxes on sale at cabellas, in the box like the wolf came in with the plastic holder in it.

O.S.O.K.
08-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Hmm thanks I'll be sure and look at all of the primers as I load it...

Maybe your lot was made on Friday!