PDA

View Full Version : Krupski Turn out the lights...

AKTexas
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmO_04yYi9Q&feature=player_embedded

abpt1
07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
This message board will be closing down Sunday 18 July 2010

recon
07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Are you sure? Just tried to go there and nothing!

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Are you sure? Just tried to go there and nothing!

I guess he pulled the plug early?:gruebel:

chiak47
07-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe the tampons finally clogged the connection? :duh:

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 07:41 PM

Sand in the vagina?

Krupski
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM

Yeah that's exactly what happened. Arnulf was whining like a little girl and I got disgusted and just said "fuck this" and shut her down right then and there.

chiak47
07-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Krupski..
Hold on pulling the plug...I mean it's your site and by all means do what you want but recon and I have some unfinished business left and there are some threads that we want to salvage.
Maybe Arnulf and Tex can cool their jets for a few days...

L1A1Rocker
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Did anybody get "the list"? I hope so cause I didn't.

chiak47
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM

That's what I'm trying to salvage...It was a good start to a fantastic list.

recon
07-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Plus the other things I wanted to save. My avatar was one.

chiak47
07-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Recon I see the vest came today..I take it everything was OK?

abpt1
07-15-2010, 08:10 PM
I am sure he will get you guys what ever you want ...

El Laton Caliente
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I was on earlier today to post a thankyou...

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Krupski..
Hold on pulling the plug...I mean it's your site and by all means do what you want but recon and I have some unfinished business left and there are some threads that we want to salvage.

huh? what?What are you talking about?He is pissed at Krupski not me.

I have the list.Give me a few to recover from my laptop.

Krupski
07-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Krupski..

Well... it's down for good, but I do have all the stuff backed up. Anything anyone needs I can probably dig up. As far as posts themselves, there's no easy way to access those other than to set the board back up (which now would be a pain) since I re-installed the Linux OS on my server box... minus the LAMP server, so the computer now can't even PRODUCE web pages.

Whatever anyone wants from that site though... I'll try my best to get it and send it to you.

chiak47
07-15-2010, 08:43 PM
unreal

Krupski
07-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Here it is.... but it won't fit here. The avatar limitations are set absurdly small (filesize max 20K and max size 100x100 px). :thud:

Krupski
07-15-2010, 08:49 PM
That's what I'm trying to salvage...It was a good start to a fantastic list.

What list? I might be able to get it for you if I know what you're looking for.

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
What list? I might be able to get it for you if I know what you're looking for.

Disaster list.

Won't let me upload...Too big.

chiak47
07-15-2010, 08:52 PM
fuck it we will start a new one.

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 08:53 PM
fuck it we will start a new one.

I can send you the list if you want?

L1A1Rocker
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Disaster list.

Won't let me upload...Too big.

Crap, contact Gunsnetadmin about it. He has been very helpful, and very quick, to adjust the sites peramiters to make things work. I really did want that list but never downloaded as it was a work in progress. Really glad you got it!!!

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Crap, contact Gunsnetadmin about it. He has been very helpful, and very quick, to adjust the sites peramiters to make things work. I really did want that list but never downloaded as it was a work in progress. Really glad you got it!!!

i have both the word doc and pdf.It is 7k too big WTF?

L1A1Rocker
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
i have both the word doc and pdf.It is 7k too big WTF?

I think the current limint on text is 65,000 characters, it can be set higher. Don't know about a .pdf attachment.

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I think the current limint on text is 65,000 characters, it can be set higher. Don't know about a .pdf attachment.

I was trying to upload a compressed file but no dice there.I sent a message and maybe we can get a fix.

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
List is up as a new thread swampy.

swampdragon
07-15-2010, 09:29 PM
List is up as a new thread swampy.

OK.
Do you want it as a sticky or a normal thread?

El Laton Caliente
07-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Roger, just wanted to say thanks again. You did very well on the temp forum.

AKTexas
07-15-2010, 09:34 PM
OK.
Do you want it as a sticky or a normal thread?

I pulled mine down,Zoff is posting his list I do not want to step on his toes.He put some real effort into that list and he deserves the credit.

ltorlo64
07-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I hope he didn't take it down yet. I liked my new avatar the I was hoping to get it and swap it to here. I can't get to Krupski's board while I am underway. I guess I can contact him and see if he can help me out. What a bother.

chiak47
07-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I hope he didn't take it down yet. I liked my new avatar the I was hoping to get it and swap it to here. I can't get to Krupski's board while I am underway. I guess I can contact him and see if he can help me out. What a bother.

Everything has to be surrounded by drama these days and it's maneuvers like this that absolutely ruins shit for people who don't enjoy drama's much.

ltorlo64
07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
No drama, just a little more work on my part. Still a bother. It is nice to post while on ship again. I couldn't do that with the other temporary boards.

recon
07-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Here it is.... but it won't fit here. The avatar limitations are set absurdly small (filesize max 20K and max size 100x100 px). :thud:

Okay this is not working. I can't copy this and it won't work.

chiak47
07-16-2010, 12:06 AM
No drama, just a little more work on my part. Still a bother. It is nice to post while on ship again. I couldn't do that with the other temporary boards.

I was not implying drama on your part at all and I hope you did not take my comment as such.

swampdragon
07-16-2010, 12:37 AM

The drama had nothing to do with you. :thumbsup:

renegadebuck
07-16-2010, 12:40 AM
I also have the list. Sorry I didn't see that you wanted it earlier, but as long as you have it we're good.

chiak47
07-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Did anyone save the First Aid list that we were working on?

El Laton Caliente
07-16-2010, 12:55 AM
I emailed a couple EMT buddys for a first aid & trama kit...

swampdragon
07-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Part of this is my fault guys.
I told you the 18th because that is what the last info I received stated.
So, I do apologize.

However, I have also been made aware that everything has been saved.
If there is something specific that you still need and/or want...all is not totally lost.

chiak47
07-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Swampy...PM sent.

swampdragon
07-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Gotcha...

Krupski
07-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Okay this is not working. I can't copy this and it won't work.

Your avatar is 100 x 150 pixels and larger than 20K bytes. The limit on this board is 100 x 100 and 20k. If you want, I can resize your avatar so it will fit here (or maybe hint,hint... the webmaster can bump the settings up a little higher?).

Krupski
07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Part of this is my fault guys.
I told you the 18th because that is what the last info I received stated.
So, I do apologize.

However, I have also been made aware that everything has been saved.
If there is something specific that you still need and/or want...all is not totally lost.

Swampy... nothing is "your fault". I did, indeed, say that the board would be up until 18 July (Sunday). I yanked it down early because of the whining drama crap from Arnulf.

I do have everything archived and I can, if necessary, put the board back up temporarily so people can get their stuff.

If anyone wants it back for a little while, let me know and I'll do it. It's no problem.

Remember... "Ask and ye shall receive"! :)

Krupski
07-16-2010, 09:10 AM

Everything is archived. I'll get your avatar and post it here for you.

TEN-32
07-16-2010, 10:00 AM
What did Arnulf say? I missed it.

Krupski
07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
What did Arnulf say? I missed it.

Well you would have to know the whole story behind the drama...

For most of the time, on my temp board, there were no moderators (didn't need any). Then Swampy wanted to set up his Survival forum, so I created the forum for him and, of course, he was also it's moderator.

Then a few other people wanted a forum, so it ended up that AKTexas, Cevrulin(sp?) and Arnulf were the mods for those new forums.

Anyway, that's when the trouble started. First, the new mods were testing their permissions on other users (edit a post, ban then unban a user, etc..). No problem so far.

I guess somewhere along the way, Arnulf had a post edited or something harmless and he went ballistic.

Then IT happened... "The Great Data Loss(tm)".

I was fixing something on the board, messed up and corrupted the MySQL database (that's why one should not program at 4:00 AM).

To fix my mistake, I restored the database from a backup that was about 8 hours old.

This caused any posts from the past 8 hours to disappear. And some of those posts were Arnulf's.

Despite explanations, Arnulf believed that both the mods and me were "targeting" him and "harassing" him, so he got all butt-hurt and stopped posting for a while.

Anyway... a little time passes and we are up to a few days ago (the last few days that my board was up). For fun, I turned Arnulf's permissions back on. He again got all pissed off asking "why did I make him a mod and not give him banning 'powers'?".

That's when he started the whining and said "if I'm a mod with no power then I don't want to post here" (or something like that).

When I read that, I muttered to myself "Jesus H. Christ why do I put up with this crap?" and promptly logged into the DNS provider (DYNDNS), deleted the "three-dog" entry, backed up the board, then turned off the server and reloaded a clean new install of the Linux OS.

Bye bye grief!

What started the whole "fight" was when Arnulf was first made a mod. One of my board rules was "do not insult anyone's family". AKTexas and another guy were joking around and AKT said something about the other guy's wife (don't recall what).

But it was in fun, in jest... it wasn't a "family insult".

So Arnulf, with his new mod powers, wants to ban AKTexas for "violating the rules". When I didn't let him ban anyone, he got all bent thinking that I wasn't "behind him". Well, I would have supported his decision if it was rational... but it wasn't.

Also, this started a flame war between AKT and Arnulf which was certainly Roadhouse worthy. In the end, Arnulf got butt-hurt again, stormed out and started whining about the whole thing on another board.

Now, aren't you glad you asked? :punch:

Kadmos
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
So now temporary housing is gone?

Now where the hell am I going to go to talk to you people!

chiak47
07-16-2010, 11:05 AM

:toke:
:poundon:
:wondering:
:boozer:
:crazy:
:smiley_freak:

Broondog
07-16-2010, 01:23 PM

you're not too bright, are ya son?

:losing-it:

El Laton Caliente
07-16-2010, 02:12 PM

That's either a pretty funny joke or liberal logic...

Krupski
07-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Actually... I'm putting it back up for a week so that people can retrieve their stuff.

alismith
07-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Actually... I'm putting it back up for a week so that people can retrieve their stuff.

Thanks for putting it back up for a few more days, Krupski. I wanted to save my "evolution" replies as I don't remember everything I wrote. That's the problem with "chronic-early-onset alzheimer's;" can't remember what you wrote once you hit the "submit reply" button.:losing-it:

Oh yeah. Before I forget. Thanks for setting the site up in the first place. It was very user friendly and did a great job filling in when it was needed:thumbsup:

Kadmos
07-16-2010, 05:07 PM
That's either a pretty funny joke or liberal logic...

Someone almost got the joke!

Sorry I've been in a goofy mood all day.

ltorlo64
07-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Everything is archived. I'll get your avatar and post it here for you.

Thanks! I'll be watching for it.

TEN-32
07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Good 'ol Arnulf. Hes a quirky little fella.

hi_capacity
07-16-2010, 09:58 PM

:lool:

American Rage
07-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Krupski, I sure appreciate all that you've done for us while Gunsnet was inoperative.

Thanks a billion.

Rage