PDA

View Full Version : Canted rivet?

LexTalionis
08-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Man..I really hate for my first post here to be some irritating noob question, but this has really been bothering me. My recently purchased sgl-21 seems to have a slightly canted rivet. At first I didn't even notice it for the first few days,but after getting more closely acquainted with the gun I saw it. The rivet in question is one of the front receiver ones that holds the trunnion to the receiver. It is not seated completely flat/flush against the receiver,just a tad bit off though.

I can't even fit a fingernail under it and you wouldn't notice it without looking for it. All the other ones are completely flat against it though and this worries me.I'll try to get a picture of it,but I don't know if I have any cameras good enough to capture that kind of detail.Anyways, I guess I was wondering if this even matters.Is it just cosmetic?Or could it actually pose a problem?Sorry for rambling, thanks in advance for any help and replies. Oh and I'm glad to be here as well!

deth502
08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
you mean it holds the trunnion to the receiver.

shouldnt be a problem.

LexTalionis
08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah that's what I meant. Still learning the technicals. Glad to hear it shouldn't be a problem though. Thanks for the reply.