PDA

View Full Version : gotta huge first-aid kit , but ?

printerman
08-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I've got a huge first-aid kit , but how far should I go ? Surgery supplies , drugs (that'll have to be rotated), serious equipment ?

Schuetzenman
08-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Surgery supplies, if you don't know how to use them, useless IMO.

akatim
08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
To suture or staple, you definitely need to know what you're doing. That said there are some instructional videos and information available. If you go this way, make sure you learn how to clean the wound properly otherwise suturing can lead do more harm than good from contamination and infection. Some people get pigs feet to practice suturing on. I have been studying, but haven't went as far as practicing, got the basic surgery supplies.

3M Steri-strips are a good alternative for small cuts, these are readily available online or ebay. They have they're limitations.

Antibiotics, I believe are a must. Some bird and fish antibiotics are the exact pill as human antibiotics. There is also a lot of info online regarding this. If you require a specific medicine, put back as much as you can.

daemon734
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Download a military CLS/TCCC manual and then read it cover to cover.

Add trauma supplies to your FAK, because they never have them. Tourniquets (CATs and SOFT-T's), occlusive dressing, hemostatic bandages, kerlix, Israeli (pressure) dressings, etc.

Solidus-snake
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Daemons back from the grave!! How are ya?

deth502
09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
like schutz said, if you dont know how to use it, you dont need it. trying to play dr with shit you have no clue about is not going to help anyone.

alismith
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Surgery supplies, if you don't know how to use them, useless IMO.

It might be nice to have a set of surgerical and dental tools, even if you don't know how to use them. You never know who you might run into. They might have someone in their group who does know how to use stuff like that, but doesn't have to tools. If nothing else, the tools might be good "bargaining" chips.

ltorlo64
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I've got a huge first-aid kit , but how far should I go ? Surgery supplies , drugs (that'll have to be rotated), serious equipment ?

What are you able to fit on the side rail of your AK?