PDA

View Full Version : co-witness of ultimak rail?

buxman66
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I've read the possibilities of over exposure to heat w/ a red dot being mounted on the gas tube,but this seems to be the only logical position to mount my new bushnell trs-25. I installed a new rear sight ( mojo micro-click) and would like a co-witness w/ the ultimak rail.anyone have experience w/this setup? I have no love for the side mounts on an ak....no offense,just don't like them!

AKTexas
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I have one on my vepr-308. I use a vortex strike fire low mount and co-witness with the irons. Very fast pick up. As for heat build up, it is minimal but I also do not bump fire or rapid fire anything.

buxman66
08-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I have one on my vepr-308. I use a vortex strike fire low mount and co-witness with the irons. Very fast pick up. As for heat build up, it is minimal but I also do not bump fire or rapid fire anything.

I believe the bushnell has a similar low mount,possibly
even lower. I'm wanting a lower 1/3 c.w. it may even be
an absolute c.w.

Woogiebear
08-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I have been interested in the same set-up, but am limited by my pocket book. Let me know how that works out for you.
I have seen a couple of reports about the heat build-up adversely affecting the sight, but only in cases of firing a lot of rounds in a short amount of time.

buxman66
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Will do. Not planning on doing any rapid fire. Soon as the wife unit
gives the ok will be purchasing.