PDA

View Full Version : New Wasr 10/63 Owner

rugerman07
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
I've been wanting a Romanian Wasr 10/63 for a while now and I finally bought one this past week. Our local Dunhams Sports had them on sale for $429.95 so I picked one up. I took it to the range and was very impressed with it. Accuracy was very good and it performed flawlessly, no jams, no ftf, no misfires, I really like this little AK. I got (2) 30 round double stack magazines with it, I'd like to get a few more. I guess I'm right in assuming I'm not restricted to Wasr magazines and any AK magazines will fit it. ???

imanaknut
08-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

You are correct, any standard AK mag will work in your WASR. About the only mag issues have been with after market mags not fitting the mag well. I personally have stuck with the very easy to get standard metal AK/AKM mags and other than having to repair some rusty mags (dremels are great) I have never had an issue with standard mags regardless as to country of manufacture.

That is one of the nice things with the AK/AKM, all factory 7.62x39 mags regardless as to country will fit the rifle from any country.

rugerman07
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your response. I'm glad I found this forum.

El Laton Caliente
08-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the board!!!

Nice first AK choice. Romanians are the Chevy of AKs, start and run...

Full Otto
08-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for your response. I'm glad I found this forum.

We're glad too
Welcome