PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Suggestions For Wasr 10/63

rugerman07
08-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm new here so if this question has been asked before I apologize. I know magazine wooble is an issue with the Wasr, but are there any available that lock up tight with no wooble? I hear the Tapco mags are pretty good.

FunkyPertwee
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Wobble won't hurt your gun. Stick to steel military surplus magazines, and don't pay more than $15 a piece. If you want polymer mags, save up and get mil-surp Bulgarian magazines with steel inserts.

The biggest positive aspect of the AK is reliability, and using commercial magazines is a good way to negate its primary function: to always work reliably.

Seriously, I wouldn't use and AK mag that I didn't trust to be used as a hammer on someones skull while still seated in the rifle.

El Laton Caliente
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
"Wooble" is not really bad. It facilitates fast mag changes and unless very excessive does not effect function. If the rattle is your complaint try the Bulgarian ribbed mags, they are about the best of the synthetic mags.

imanaknut
08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
In case I didn't say this before, welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I have been an AK-nut for more years than some people on this website have been breathing, and with three exceptions the only AK/AKM mags you will find in my house are metal mags issued by factories making them for their military. I do have Chinese drums because I can't verify they were standard military issue.

The exceptions in my collection are the Russian and Chinese orange "plastic" and the East German AK-74 orange plastic mags, but these too were mil-issue.

oxfordethan
09-12-2012, 04:18 PM
My $0.02. The Tapco mags that came with my WASR fit nice and tight. I've fired about 300 rounds through 2 different Tapco mags and both have performed flawlessly. If the price is right and you can't find any steel mags, don't be afraid of the poly Tapco mags. YMMV

SulFuR
09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
i got a m+m ak bought a couple of tapco poly mags and they dont click into the reciever neither one of them do. the tapco poly mag that came with the gun works great the only difference between the mags is design on the side of the mag but everything else measure out the same even the name brand. anybody come up with this problem before?

imanaknut
09-19-2012, 08:04 PM
i got a m+m ak bought a couple of tapco poly mags and they dont click into the reciever neither one of them do. the tapco poly mag that came with the gun works great the only difference between the mags is design on the side of the mag but everything else measure out the same even the name brand. anybody come up with this problem before?

I have run into a few mags over the years that I had to take a file to the rear tab to get it to lock into the rifle. I had one that locked in so tight that I needed pliers to work the release lever to get the mag out. A very careful use of a file corrected the problem.