PDA

View Full Version : I need a good source for MAK-90 stocks..

MarshalSHolland
08-31-2012, 06:28 PM
I am working a deal to get a MAK-90 and the first thing I will do is replace the stock....I beleive it's a milled receiver, straight cut. I check KVAR and I am on a fixed budget...any ideas where I could get a good deal on a buttstock and pistol grip???
Thanks

imanaknut
08-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Milled MAK-90s have a double slant cut that was used on the Poly Tech Legend underfolder. They also have a round hole for the stock unlike the normal rectangular hole used in other milled AK variants.

Ironwood Designs makes a stock set specifically for the milled MAK-90, or if you are industrial, you can do what I did and buy a scrap of nice wood from the nearby lumber store, then turn your garage into a pile of sawdust while making your own stock. Don't ask about how I know about turning a garage into a pile of sawdust! ;)

MarshalSHolland
08-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Ironwood is a little pricey ( money is in short supply when on disability), and I don't think I can whittle one out..

Also, I will maybe change out the FSB for one not neutered...just the idea of a bayonet lug warms my heart..that will probably be a hard to find items also..