PDA

View Full Version : Got this on a trade, help ID and Value

Rustynuts
09-01-2012, 10:54 PM
New here but not to AK's Had a PolyTech Legend years ago that I sold and have been kicking myself ever since. Well I had a motorcycle up for sale and I got offered this gun as part trade and the guy didnt know anything about it. After I received some pics, I knew it was a Preban but other than China, there are no manufacturer markings on it. I did read on a site that the importer GLNIC was a Chinese owned company but that is about all I could find. The serial number is fairly low being
CGA 1XXX with Chrome bore, carrier and bolt whch is polished Chrome. It was in the box but missing the oil bottle and any manual that it might have had, and a gas port tool. The 3 mags have no markings on them and have blued followers. The gun has been fired, but I was told only 30 rounds and that does look correct by the slight wear marks. Anybody have more info on these? Here are some pics. If I can get an approximate value, I will say what I have into it :tongue:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q386/Millerbuilt_MS/Guns/IMG_1611.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q386/Millerbuilt_MS/Guns/IMG_1609.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q386/Millerbuilt_MS/Guns/DSCN0421.jpg

Full Otto
09-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Nice I love those older ones.
That is preban for sure before Norinco even.
From my experience they usually don't go for as much as they should only because generally if it doesn't have the Norinco on it, people just don't realize what they are looking at.
I always thought they should go for more than Norincos but I'd figure a little under for whatever they are going for out there these days
I haven't looked lately myself but the info you have sounds accurate so far. I'm not sure but some of those early Ca imports were know as "movie guns" but not sure if I've got that right on this one

Richard Simmons
09-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the board Rusty. That's a beautiful AK. Found one on Gunbroker that sold recently for just under $1,100.00 and it's not as nice as yours.

El Laton Caliente
09-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Nice trade. I would have put $1,200 on it, more to the right collector...

imanaknut
09-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Check the barrel very carefully. Sometimes you can find some very tiny markings on the barrel between the gas and sight block, sometimes between the gas block and lower handguard lock. I have also seen "Norinco" in very tiny letters near the mag well.

The pre-Poly Tech rifles with underfolding bayos are very collectible. The fact that you have the original box and most accessories even more so. I would have to agree that in the current selling environment, $1200 would be a reasonable guess as to value.

You have a beautiful and fairly rare rifle. I think you did good getting it as a partial trade offer.

Rustynuts
09-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Knowing that it was a Preban, but nothing more, I made him a reasonable offer for the trade value at that time.

Full Otto
09-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Judging by where you say your location is you must deal like this often. :)

Good score man

TB215
09-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Good score! That gun would go $1200 to a normal buyer or $1400 to the right buyer.

Hold on to it for a few years and you can easily get double of what you put into it.

More and more people are realizing how badass Chinese AKs with spikers are.