PDA

View Full Version : The Collaspe!

recon
08-29-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.collapsemovie.com/

Infidelski
08-29-2010, 12:04 PM
For whatever reason that preview made me think of VHS tapes, WTF?

El Jefe
08-29-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.collapsemovie.com/

Recon, what do you know about this Ruppert guy and his followers?

recon
08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Not much yet. I need to do some more digging about this guy.

Infidelski
08-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Ruppie has been on the net for a long time not that it means much! Reminds me of a gerald celente sort. As far as I remember his line hasnt changed and from way back focused on the fractional fed system. So yeah, my take isn't much of any real help. LOL

recon
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Here we go. Watch this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ruppert

http://catv8.org/videos-demand.html

El Jefe
08-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I've always thought he was a lefty peak oil kook. According to him and some others we ran out of oil about 5 years ago.

:smiley_pijp:

O.S.O.K.
08-29-2010, 08:55 PM
OK so this guy has some credibility or like you just said Jeff - he's a kook?

Its been my less than fully informed and partially educated opinion for some time that it will be a rapid spike in oil prices that tips the dominos into action.

Israel strikes Iran (this almost has to happen at some point) - this causes oil prices to go up, opec takes advantage of the situation like they always do and it pushes things over the edge.

:coffee:

O.S.O.K.
08-31-2010, 08:58 PM
OK, I have netflix and ordered this vid up and watched it tonight.

I have to say, the guy makes sense.

The chart of human population was pretty amazing. We went from a population of around 1 billion globally to our current 7 billion globally - all in the last 100 years - starting in 1900- when oil started to be used for just about everything.

His point about "peak oil" is that we are past the peak of production - yes there are vast reserves but its only obtainable with a huge outlay of energy to get it - in other words, its very very expensive oil - not the cheap oil that has fueled everything since 1900. He explains that everything has been based on unlimited growth - unlimited resources and that we've come to the end of that - just too many people vs the available energy, food, etc.

Think about it - with China and India's economic development - pressure has been placed on oil reserves and a bunch of other resources - and its just starting.

It does make sense.

Rent the vid - watch it yourself. Don't ridicule it unless you've seen it and can judge for yourselves.

He makes a very good case for the cause of our current situation and the reasons for why its happening and what he expects to happen over the next decades.

Bottom line - we are going to transition away from economy and governments based on unlimeted resources and learn to live within limits.

And of course, this means a lot of people will perish in the process.

HDR
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Ruppie has been on the net for a long time not that it means much! Reminds me of a gerald celente sort.

Gerald Celente has actually predicted quite a few events accurately; how well has Ruppert done?

I've always thought he was a lefty peak oil kook. According to him and some others we ran out of oil about 5 years ago.

Did you just answer my question in advance? :D I could be a conspiracy type (or Bah-roke himself lol) and blame Bush? lol However, Celente's predictions are interesting reading..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Celente

Infidelski
09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Dont know how he's doing with his predictions that are more like edutainment, trends forecasting looks to be pretty simple if your OK with 50/50 accuracy. My guess is that ruppie and gerald get lucky a lot. They are quiet when wrong and obnoxious when correct.

O.S.O.K.
09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Well, it sure would be nice if we had somebody that was spot on and about 75% accurate. With every economic indicator stretched to the limit, something unpleasant just about has to be on the horizon...

I just hope its more in the "temporary" and "inconvenient" category than long term and suffering.

Infidelski
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Its like betting on red when the roulette wheel has been hitting black all night. I'm not that lucky therefore gambling isnt for me, I buy gas/ammo/guns/food it dont matter what and then the price drops after leaving the store but I do believe in history, those who dont know it will repeat it for good and bad alike.

raxar
09-02-2010, 07:41 PM
The chart of human population was pretty amazing. We went from a population of around 1 billion globally to our current 7 billion globally - all in the last 100 years - starting in 1900- when oil started to be used for just about everything.

part of that has to due with the invention of a process of turning nitrogen into fertalizer, it's estimated that 2 billion people are alive because of it, go check into Fritz Haber

And of course, this means a lot of people will perish in the process.

personally I think that's the goal of certain people to begin with, over population is an excuse.

HDR
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
part of that has to due with the invention of a process of turning nitrogen into fertalizer, it's estimated that 2 billion people are alive because of it, go check into Fritz Haber

True, between the invention of fertilizer, modern farming technology and equipment it was possible to sustain that many people.

personally I think that's the goal of certain people to begin with, over population is an excuse.

Rainbow Six is coming to the planet... ;)

O.S.O.K.
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Rainbow Six? Richard Marchinco?

And nitrogen for fertilizer is obtained from where? That's right - natural gas... a "by product" of oil exploration and production.

The guy's point about everything being dependent on oil is true. Think about it.

HDR
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
And nitrogen for fertilizer is obtained from where? That's right - natural gas... a "by product" of oil exploration and production.

Many come from organics.

The guy's point about everything being dependent on oil is true. Think about it.

You mean the guy who said we were out of oil five years ago? lol

raxar
09-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Rainbow Six? Richard Marchinco?

actually ole' Fritzy's process for getting nitrogen is to get if from the air and combine it with hydrogen, so unless we run out of air or water I think that will be OK.

O.S.O.K.
09-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Not that I'm supporting this guy, but he actually is saying that the peak of "cheap" oil production is past us and that all of the "new" deposits are expensive to extract. And he does have a point there.

And most of the nitrogen used in commercial agriculture (in the form of amonia) is made using natural gas.

From Answers.com: "Ammonia is one nitrogen fertilizer component that can be synthesized from in-expensive raw materials. Since nitrogen makes up a significant portion of the earth's atmosphere, a process was developed to produce ammonia from air. In this process, natural gas and steam are pumped into a large vessel. Next, air is pumped into the system, and oxygen is removed by the burning of natural gas and steam. This leaves primarily nitrogen, hydrogen, and carbon dioxide (http://www.answers.com/topic/carbon-dioxide). The carbon dioxide is removed and ammonia is produced by introducing an electric current into the system. Catalysts such as magnetite (http://www.answers.com/topic/magnetite) (Fe3O4) have been used to improve the speed and efficiency of ammonia synthesis (http://www.answers.com/topic/ammonia-synthesis). Any impurities are removed from the ammonia, and it is stored in tanks until it is further processed."

So, amonia - not straight liquid nitrogen. I guess you have to use something that will stick around so the plants can access the nitrogen.

studmuffin
09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Gerald Celente has actually predicted quite a few events accurately; how well has Ruppert done?

Did you just answer my question in advance? :D I could be a conspiracy type (or Bah-roke himself lol) and blame Bush? lol However, Celente's predictions are interesting reading..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Celente

I find this Gerald Celent fellow far more believable. That fact that Ruppert is willing to cooperate with cynthia MacKinney is an utter fail with me. I would have to say that Ruppert has tainted himself irrepibly with me. He may have some valid points in his message, but I would have to say thumbs down.

HDR
09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
I find this Gerald Celent fellow far more believable. That fact that Ruppert is willing to cooperate with cynthia MacKinney is an utter fail with me. I would have to say that Ruppert has tainted himself irrepibly with me. He may have some valid points in his message, but I would have to say thumbs down.

Celente has a record of successful predictions and Rupert doesn't. Making predictions is similar to making investments; it is far wiser to follow success than failure.

If they were both financial advisers, which one would you choose?

lol

O.S.O.K.
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
They are both predicting doom and gloom. This Rupert guy is just blaming it all on our dependence on oil it seems. Celente is looking at a lot more - and none of it classified as "conspiracy shite" as far as I know...?

HDR
09-10-2010, 05:39 AM
They are both predicting doom and gloom. This Rupert guy is just blaming it all on our dependence on oil it seems. Celente is looking at a lot more - and none of it classified as "conspiracy shite" as far as I know...?

Celente has predicted quite a few events before they happened. His tax rebellions and food riots are for 2012 so we'll get to see if he is right or not..

It appears Ruppert lacks the same kind of track record. If you have some predictions showing Ruppert did better than Jefferson stated, then it is a different story. AFA Celente, a quick search shows you his record.