PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

fez
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
In reading up on the ak's(types,laws etc) I have two questions at the moment:1) I believe I read where the Norinco has thicker stamped receiver than others.Correct? 2) My mak 90 shoots fine.About 200 rounds thru it.I just realized that it is missing the front recoil guide rod.Can this be a problem when shooting or is it just easier to insert into the recoil opening?

imanaknut
09-13-2012, 11:55 AM
1) Yes the Chinese used thicker metal for their receivers than the Europeans.

2) Your recoil spring when remove is almost as long as the rifle? That must be fun to install. Although you should have the compete recoil spring assembly, the way the bolt carrier is designed, as you have found you really only need the guide rod that attaches to the locking lug at the back of the spring. When the carrier is full forward, the front guide rod is completely in the carrier, so the rifle will function without it with the inside of the carrier acting to center the spring. Can you post a photo of your recoil spring assembly please?

fez
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks.That's what I figured.I don't have a problem with the spring.I can guide it in and out pretty easy without kinking it.I will get the right stuff sooner or later.Sorry,can't post pics.Pretty primitive with computers.Don't even own a digital camera.I usually get those one time use cameras at Walmart when I need to take pics.I'm working on it.Thanks again.