PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Research Baby Eagle II

Gunreference1
09-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Marnum Research Baby Eagle II (http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Baby-Desert-Eagle-II-45ACP-Steel-Semi-compact-10-round.asp)? This is a clone of the CZ 75 design. I see these selling for around $600 NIB. They have the controls I want. Has anyone experienced or heard of any issues with these pistols?

Steve

AK-J
09-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I've got the earlier model (w/o rails) Full size 9mm. It's my favorite pistol to shoot that I own. It is very accurate, and has had no malfuction of any kind with over 2000 rds through it. They are just IWI (IMI) Jericho 941's imported by Magnum Research under the Baby Eagle name. Great pistols... The machining and workmanship far exceeds the CZs I've seen.

Two thumbs up from this guy.

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-21-2012, 07:06 PM
They have a great reputation. Have my eye on one myself. (Kinda torn between the baby eagle, CZ75 family, or Tangfoglio) Any of the decent high power clones seem to be excelent handguns.

weevil
09-23-2012, 10:12 PM
I haven't seen the new ones yet but I have fired a couple of the older non-rail ones.

If you like the CZ-75 you'll love the Baby Eagle, basically just a really well fit and finished CZ-75 clone. The frame and slide on the older ones was made by Tanfoglio then IMI would use them to make the Baby Eagles. I don't know if this is still being done with the new ones.

I know the CZ clones seemed to disappear for awhile and then they were offering some sort of Walther P99 version as the Baby Eagle, now they're back to the CZ clone version with a rail.

Haven't heard much about these new ones but it is a pretty solid design and if it's built to the same standards as the older ones it should be a fine pistol.