PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Service model 1929 revolver questions

rci2950
09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
I am currently looking at purchasing one of these. (I was going to buy a Nagant 1895 but they are all gone) This has the same look but is a lot nicer, also more expencive. Does anyone have any experience with them? How about the 7.5 swiss ammunition? Is it a piss pot like the nagant? Has anyone found any of this ammo in the last decade? Is there reloading supplies etc? How would this beauty stand up in a self defence situation? Should i just shake my head and move on?

P.S.

I just bought a Rus TT-33, I am now sitting through the Canadian Waiting period before I can go get it. Its completely coated and filled with sticky grease and was jammed down into a leather holster that has since rotted. The surplus store had a number of them and this apparently is the way they came. The pistol itself is in very nice shape. I dissasembled it before i payed and the grease coating made a very nice preservative. I will post pics before and after the cleaning. Hopefully i can restore the leather holster as well...

Schuetzenman
09-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Swiiss revolver is much more collectible IMHO than a Nagant revolver. I doubt you can find any ammo for it in North America. In 2000 and 2001 I traveled and worked in Switzerland for a total of several months worth of time. During the trips I found a Swiss gun shop and indoor shooting range. The main assistant to the shop / range owner spoke pretty good English and we hit it off pretty good. He gave me an unopened box ammo for one of them. He told me it was quite rare ammo as they have been using 9x19 as their sevice pistol almost since it was introduced by the Germans.
The 7.5mm Swiss Army Revolver was introduced in 1882 for the Swiss Army and used only until 1903 by the Swiss Army. On energy, I'm thinking not much different than the Nagant revolver. The ammo is shorter than the Nagant ammo and looks more conventional, go Gas Seal case going on.

Here you go I found an auction for some ammo that appears new. Fiochi of Italy is supposed to be making it, but I don't know of anyone selling in North America for sure. Try Old Western Scrounger, they tend to have obsolete cartridges of all types. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist. http://www.gunauction.com/Search/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=9492038

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/6952181218/9492038/pb250246.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Durangokid
09-25-2012, 07:38 AM
I just sold one of these handguns. I used 32-20 brass and .320 cast bullets. They are very nice guns. They are however very weak keep your loads around the S&W .32 pressures.