PDA

View Full Version : Campaign signs and bumper stickers

Richard Simmons
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Not very scientific but thought it might be fun to see how things are shaping up in different areas of the country. Even though this area of southwest Virginia, except for a large part of the city of Roanoke is more Republican than Democrat I saw a lot of Obama/Biden bumper stickers and yard signs in 2008. A lot more than other elections.

This election, besides the president we have Kaine (D) and Allen (R) running for Senator to replace Webb (D) who is not running for a second term.

As of yesterday I decided to make note of all campaign signs and bumper stickers during my drive to and from work each day. So far I've seen two yard signs for Romney/Ryan, four bumper stickers for Romney/Ryan and one yard sign for Allen. Nothing for Obama/Biden and nothing for Kaine.

According to the polls Kaine has a large lead over Allen and Obama and Romeny are neck and neck here in VA with some polls showing Obama with a slight lead. Based strictly on what I'm seeing in my daily travels, mostly on highways and residential streets in the county that isn't evident from the signs and stickers I'm seeing.

As I said, not very scientific and I'm sure if I were to travel through Roanoke city things would be different but still think it would be interesting to see how things are in your neck of the woods.

N/A
09-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I ain't seen any in my small town.

LAGC
09-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen shit either. Romney or Obama, signs or stickers. A few yard signs for local races, but that's it. Definitely a lot less enthusiasm this year.

Helen Keller
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
about a 10 to 1 ration of Romney over obongo around here and even in the rich areas.

Diesel
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen shit either. Romney or Obama, signs or stickers. A few yard signs for local races, but that's it. Definitely a lot less enthusiasm this year.

I've seen a couple of houses here in Seattle with OBAMA literally painted large on the street side...about six lawns with OBAMA signs...lots of signs for local candidates. Haven't seen any Romney signs or stickers...O'h, few old bam bam bumper stickers. Seattle sucks up democrat dreck like a puppy lapping up a saucer of milk.

Diesel 88888888

:hungio8::hungio8:,:hungio8:,:hungio8:

Penguin
09-25-2012, 07:59 PM
I see more Oboma stickers than Romney stikers around here but quite a wide margine. Which I find odd as I garante that Romney will win here easy. He probably has more support here than any where else in the country.

Out side of the presidential election I see a few signs for that loser Hatch. I have also seen quite a few signs for Mia Love. And quite a few for Ben McAdams. Then a hodge podge of stuff for the really local people.

insider
09-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Anyone who still thinks Obama is great and wonderful is a total fucking retard.

Warthogg
09-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Anyone who still thinks Obama is a total fucking retard.......

is my kind of guy !

Wart

insider
09-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Obama is Sofa King We Todd Did!

blacksheep
09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Anyone who still thinks Obama is great and wonderful is a total fucking retard.

LAGC I think he's talking to you.

Richard Simmons
09-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Kept my eye out for more signs or stickers throughout the week but saw exactly zero. Was kinda expecting to see quite a bit this year but just from my limited, daily travels you wouldn't even know there was an election in six weeks.

Penguin
09-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I have to agree I drive around quite a bit and for an election comming up especially a presidential one there doesn't seem to be any where near the amount of signs and stickers as I have seen in years past. Most the stuff I am seeing which is signs, are for the real local candadits that are hanging on fences for the most part. Not people's yards but just out along the roads.

Richard Simmons
10-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Saw a Romney bumper sticker today and five yard signs, four were Romney and one was an "Obama must go".

N/A
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
:angel:
I have to agree I drive around quite a bit and for an election comming up especially a presidential one there doesn't seem to be any where near the amount of signs and stickers as I have seen in years past. Most the stuff I am seeing which is signs, are for the real local candadits that are hanging on fences for the most part. Not people's yards but just out along the roads.

In my small town there are only two kind of signs....VOTE WET.....VOTE DRY....:lets-drink::angel: