PDA

View Full Version : Price Check please

Richard Simmons
10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Found this on a local auction site listed as a Norinco 56-S with an online bid of $600
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/rsim20011/8.jpg

Is that about what it's worth?

TIA

imanaknut
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
As long as it is a 56S and not a "1-56S1" with the bayo lug ears ground off, they have been selling for $1000 and up which just blows me away, but with their numbers fixed, and more people entering the hobby, anything goes.

If the site is truly local, you might be able to get it more reasonably. Personally if it was just the rifle with no accessories, I would go up to $800.

Looking at the slant brake, it makes me wonder about the rest of the rifle. That upside down brake has me concerned.

Was at a show a long time ago when my daughter and I came up on what looked like a 56S. I asked the owner if we could disassemble it to check it out, and was glad we did. I let my daughter break it down, which blew the minds of the men behind the counter. Then when she told me that it had a European trigger group and not the correct Chinese, they told me she didn't know what she was talking about, that it was an original pre-ban. She just put it back together and handed it to the idiot trying to sell an "original" 56S with a single hook trigger set. It is always scary buying something you can't fondle first.

Check the rifle if you can. At least get a photo showing the model designation.

Richard Simmons
10-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info. The site is a local auction house that uses Proxybid. You can bid online before the auction as well as during the actual auction so before an individual item is auctioned they already know what the online bids are and during the auction when you're standing there raising your hand someone else can be bidding online at the same time because the online bidding is live. If you haven't checked it out it's pretty neat though as in this case the online bidding carries a 15% buyers premium.

TB215
10-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Found this on a local auction site listed as a Norinco 56-S with an online bid of $600
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/rsim20011/8.jpg

Is that about what it's worth?

TIA

The price will be over $1,000 when the auction is over.

Alexei
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Snarf it up Richard.

El Laton Caliente
10-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I'd go to a grand, maybe a little more, but I think I would like to see the rifle first at that price. Does it have the accessories?

I'm not so worried about the slant brake, most auction people are only marginally informed on firearms. They only know the prices in the book...

Richard Simmons
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Didn't make the auction but just checked and it sold for $950. If it was an internet bid than you can add 15% to that price.

imanaknut
10-06-2012, 02:52 PM
If it came with the box and all accessories, $1092.50 dollars (assuming there was no transfer and shipping fees on top of that) is the high end for a 56S these days. That is way too high for a rifle with one mag, BUT with the current silliness in Washington, in a couple of years $1200 for one might be considered a steal!