PDA

View Full Version : AK-12 , VZ series? Opinions on both

Stumpknocker
10-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Saw video on youtube of what was described as an AK-12 , looks to me like bolt carrier similar to VZ type and safety/selector is shortened and accessible from pistolgrip also has picatinny rail above bolt area. What are the similarities and diferences and your overall opinions of these?

Thanks Ya'll !

Stumpknocker :eyebrows:

imanaknut
10-04-2012, 10:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

Looks like it has a longer sight radius, a good thing. Also slight changes to the carrier, but nothing like the VZ-58.

The only thing the VZ-58 shares with an Kalashnikov is the ammo. It is also a very nice rifle, very nice shooter.

Stumpknocker
10-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the response, Imanaknut . I have to tell you , I saw that video and was excited to see a few improvements , doesn't need much, but being a left shooter the ambi selector looked sweet and noted the bolt carrier and rail , still workin on my mako upgrades may have pics to post soon for my wasr 10 1967 model

:dancingsmile::dancingsmile:

Schuetzenman
10-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Looks like they put the charging handle on the bolt carrier extension just behind where the pistons screw in and get pinned. I see a dust cover too now. However that Charging handle being on the right side as usual but many inches to the front IMO is NOT a good thing from a time to acquire it point of view. Now if there is a Lock back and hold function like the M16 along with a left side release for the bolt group it wouldn't be all that bad a change. However, if one now needs to reach way forward and over, (for right handed) it's not good.

Looking at the image on Wikki I notice mill chatter on the stock parts. Either those are one of a kind milled on a vertical mill prototype parts or the mold maker did a shitty job and that's the texture that ends up on the parts from the mold cavities.

Stumpknocker
10-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Schuetzenman, Its good to be back on the forums here and get good info and pick your collective brains ! Love my firearms and am always curious about improvements to current designs

:think2::think2::think2: