PDA

View Full Version : MAK 90 Bolt problem?

TB215
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I was cleaning my bolt in the sink after taking it to the range when the firing pin fell out of the bolt. The problem is now I can not get the firing pin to stay put in the bolt. It just falls out. Did I screw up my bolt or lost a crucial part? I would be a real bummer for this to happen. Can anyone chime in?

imanaknut
10-09-2012, 07:46 PM
There is a small cross-pin that holds the firing pin in place. It is in, or should be in the head of the bolt.

Full Otto
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
There is a small cross-pin that holds the firing pin in place. It is in, or should be in the head of the bolt.

This may help

http://www.ak-47.net/ak-47/comp/bolt.php

If not please excuse my sorry ass

TB215
10-21-2012, 07:39 PM

The cross pin is missing! Where can I find one? Are they hard to find?

imanaknut
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Check Apex Gun Parts by clicking on the link above. I believe they have bolt parts.

TB215
10-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Is this what I need?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=312885026

imanaknut
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
That would be the pin, but dear lord that is expensive! For that money I would try to find the diameter of the pin, and find a drill bit of the same diameter and cut part of the drill bit shaft off and use it as the pin. I have used drill bits instead of standard pins on many AKs.

Just checked some of the "usual" sites and haven't found the retaining pin but there has to be one cheaper shipped.

About the only thing good with the Poly Tech part is you should be assured it will fit, but I believe all bolts use the same size pin.

TB215
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
That would be the pin, but dear lord that is expensive! For that money I would try to find the diameter of the pin, and find a drill bit of the same diameter and cut part of the drill bit shaft off and use it as the pin. I have used drill bits instead of standard pins on many AKs.

Just checked some of the "usual" sites and haven't found the retaining pin but there has to be one cheaper shipped.

About the only thing good with the Poly Tech part is you should be assured it will fit, but I believe all bolts use the same size pin.

I'm just concerned that the pin from Apex will not fit as well as the pin from Polytech.