PDA

View Full Version : Value of Norinco BWK 92 and info.

Jones828
10-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Hi all,
What would the value of a Norinco BWK 92 be? I know there are alot of uknowns, but it looks really clean.
The one I am looking at is a .223 cal,(not sure if they all are). I have an AR and like the thought of having the same ammo.

I thought the China ak were a slant recever? This one has a straight cut one. I am confused...

Any advise would be great...
Thank, Jones

jojo
10-20-2012, 08:23 AM
They are basically a postban 84s. I would say around $500 plus or minus $50. I have never had a hiccup out of mine.

El Laton Caliente
10-20-2012, 09:36 AM
It is now hard to find a shooter 84S under $1,000 now... I'd value a BWK92 a little higher, $600 to $650 in reasonable shape. Remember the mags are expensive, so getting a few with the rifle adds value fast.

imanaknut
10-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Like with everything else regarding Chinese AK variants, for the most part the only rule was there were no rules. I personally thought that the BWK-92 all came with standard squared off receivers but I just found one that was slant cut. Slant cuts were more the exception, but they are out there.

The BWK-92 would have been an 84S until George Bush the First decided they were too evil looking and caused their owners to become criminals. Parts are interchangeable between the two, with the exception that the muzzle of the BWK was turned down below .550 so you can't thread it to the standard AK thread of 14x1mm left hand to be able to use the original 84S flash hider.

Nice accurate rifles, which unfortunately thanks to the clinton ban are hard to come by, and with the new people entering the marked, supply and demand has pushed the price up. Figure $500 plus for one that was well used, with $650 being closer for one in near new condition.

Jones828
10-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Great input from you all...
I am waiting on pictures yet.
It sound like the original bluing has been tampered with and the guy had all the metal including the mag nickle plated. It may look good, but would assume that would only reduce the value. Is that a correct assumption?

I am questioning if it was imported with the thumb hole stock or the regular type? This one has the regular style gun stock. 922 compliant is a concern also.

Thank you, Jones

El Laton Caliente
10-20-2012, 02:53 PM
The 922 compliance adds value, but the nickle only adds value if you really want the bling. It doesn't add unless it is something you want. Classic Arms nickle plates things like Torkorv pistols and Draco AK pistols and even a few AKs and charges the cost of the nickle plating plus a little mark up for the pieces.

A BWK92 is pretty much a shooter and not a real collector piece anyway, so if you like the nickle, it might be worth more.

I don't mind nickle or SS pistools because of the durability for CCW and field holster carry. I'm not real big on flashy rifles as the are too easy to see/notice. A satin nickle might be better than a polished finish...

imanaknut
10-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Great input from you all...
I am waiting on pictures yet.
It sound like the original bluing has been tampered with and the guy had all the metal including the mag nickle plated. It may look good, but would assume that would only reduce the value. Is that a correct assumption?

I am questioning if it was imported with the thumb hole stock or the regular type? This one has the regular style gun stock. 922 compliant is a concern also.

Thank you, Jones

For some reason I remember seeing this rifle, either Gunbroker or another firearm site, but I remember one plated. Personally as a purist, I would never touch a Chinese AK that was refinished, especially if not at least trying to copy the original bluing. If you like the plating, great. It would still be a really nice shooter and definitely an attention getter at a firing range.

As they were all imported with a Bush-hole stock, having a standard Norinco pistol grip and stock is a plus, but since only the person who does the conversion is mandated to follow the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment as determined by Lyndon Johnson and George Bush the First, you don't have to worry. ATF rules state you cannot make, not you cannot buy a rifle that didn't conform, so you a second owner would be fine.

Personal comment on the Norinco 84S line, including the BWK-92 and .223 MAK-90s and NHM-90s. They were/are among the most accurate of any factory AKM imported. The Chinese also had the nicest trigger group of any imported AK variant. Hope that the seller left the factory fire control group intact, they were really sweet!

Jones828
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Thank you all for your input.

For some reason the seller does not respond any more... Maybe he sold it or wants to keep it now.

By the way, the detailed information you guys have and share on this site is priceless!

Thank you, Jones