View Full Version : I'ma Noveske fanboy now

filthy phil
10-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Got this chainsaw lower a while back, just got my upper in
http://i.imgur.com/HhBxv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Te6lE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6ZPkH.jpg

Next is this bbl
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=b-16-556&cat=17&page=1&search=&since=&status
Mike there is actually letting me pay it out for $427 shipped.
Gonne free float it. Looking for a nice f/a bcg if anyone has one for sale.
Havent decided on which stock. Prolly one of the fine magpuls.

My 6920 was getting lonely

Schuetzenman
10-20-2012, 02:36 PM
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=b-18lw-556&cat=158&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title= IMHO get this barrel profile the 16" light weight one. Will make for a much more handy swift handling weapon.

filthy phil
10-20-2012, 04:04 PM
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=b-18lw-556&cat=158&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title= IMHO get this barrel profile the 16" light weight one. Will make for a much more handy swift handling weapon.
Been goin to the gym schutzedude
A few grams aint gna wear me out.
Just aint into pencil bbls.

nfa1934
10-20-2012, 05:21 PM
What FCG are you going with?

I bought another lower today and I've spent the afternoon browsing for parts. Just ordered a Geissele SSA-E. Palmetto State has them on sale this weekend.

filthy phil
10-20-2012, 05:40 PM
What FCG are you going with?

I bought another lower today and I've spent the afternoon browsing for parts. Just ordered a Geissele SSA-E. Palmetto State has them on sale this weekend.
I want a geissele too. I asked my lgs guy about if I buy one should I go ahead and buy a lpk or just what I really need. He said the latter..?
(said I would have dupes)

is psa bcg f/a?
I was thinking either daniel or colt. I heard theres such
Thing as genuine noveske bcg but idk...

L1A1Rocker
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Personally, I'd get this one: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=b-16-300&cat=168&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

nfa1934
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I currently have a Geissele SD3G in an LR-308. If there is any setup that should cause dupes, that's it. I've had no problem whatsoever with dupes. The SSA-E shouldn't have nearly as much risk for dupes as the SD3G, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I think the risk of dupes is exaggerated a little.

Actually planning to do some trigger swapping when the SSA-E arrives. Since I love the SD3G, it's going in my .300BLK SBR. The SSA-E seems a little better suited for longer ranges, so it's going in the LR-308. The Timney currently in the .300 BLK will move to the new receiver I just bought.

Don't know about the PSA BCG. I like BCM's BCGs.

Personally, I'd get this one: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=b-16-300&cat=168&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

+1

My .300 BLK SBR barrel is Noveske. Very pleased with it.

filthy phil
10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
I currently have a Geissele SD3G in an LR-308. If there is any setup that should cause dupes, that's it. I've had no problem whatsoever with dupes. The SSA-E shouldn't have nearly as much risk for dupes as the SD3G, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I think the risk of dupes is exaggerated a little.

Actually planning to do some trigger swapping when the SSA-E arrives. Since I love the SD3G, it's going in my .300BLK SBR. The SSA-E seems a little better suited for longer ranges, so it's going in the LR-308. The Timney currently in the .300 BLK will move to the new receiver I just bought.

Don't know about the PSA BCG. I like BCM's BCGs.

+1

My .300 BLK SBR barrel is Noveske. Very pleased with it.
Oh I meant duplication in parts if I bought a geissele trigger AND a lpk.

And for the 300blk fanboys I dont have your ammo funds. Maybe later

L1A1Rocker
10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Oh I meant duplication in parts if I bought a geissele trigger AND a lpk.

And for the 300blk fanboys I dont have your ammo funds. Maybe later

Your building a Noveske and think 300BLK ammo is expensive? :smiley31:Currently you can get the cheep stuff for around 12 bucks a box.

My two 300BLKs are a Model 1 Sales kit that I converted from 300Whisper and built an internal suppressor on, and a Standard 16 in kit from Palmetto State Armory. Noveske is WAY out of my price range. Heck, not only do I make my brass from very cheep .223 brass, I even cast my own bullets for it. Off the shelf ammo is really coming down and if you make/load your own it is very reasonable to shoot. By casting my own I'm really shooting for cheep.

Edit to add. The receivers were purchased during the glut after the last panic buying. I bought 5 receivers at $35.00 each. (all I could afford at the time or I would have bought 10 - the coolest port is that the serial numbers are all consecutive)

filthy phil
10-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Your building a Noveske and think 300BLK ammo is expensive? :smiley31:Currently you can get the cheep stuff for around 12 bucks a box.

My two 300BLKs are a Model 1 Sales kit that I converted from 300Whisper and built an internal suppressor on, and a Standard 16 in kit from Palmetto State Armory. Noveske is WAY out of my price range. Heck, not only do I make my brass from very cheep .223 brass, I even cast my own bullets for it. Off the shelf ammo is really coming down and if you make/load your own it is very reasonable to shoot. By casting my own I'm really shooting for cheep.

Edit to add. The receivers were purchased during the glut after the last panic buying. I bought 5 receivers at $35.00 each. (all I could afford at the time or I would have bought 10 - the coolest port is that the serial numbers are all consecutive)
I just wanted a match grade ar and read how great noveske bbl's are so I decided to go all noveske (or as much as poss.)
the lower is a blem for $150 shipped. The upper was $140 tmd.
The bbl will be $427 tmd.
I figure I will spend $200 on a
Good trigger. bcg maybe $150??
I figure I will have $1200-$1300 into this if I get used buttstock and hg.
Not that much over a colt 6920

L1A1Rocker
10-20-2012, 06:49 PM
I just wanted a match grade ar and read how great noveske bbl's are so I decided to go all noveske (or as much as poss.)
the lower is a blem for $150 shipped. The upper was $140 tmd.
The bbl will be $427 tmd.
I figure I will spend $200 on a
Good trigger. bcg maybe $150??
I figure I will have $1200-$1300 into this if I get used buttstock and hg.
Not that much over a colt 6920

That's not too bad at all Phil, sept for the barrel all VERY reasonable. You may want to consider Palmetto State Armory for some of the needed ad-ons. They have very reasonable prices for some good quality stuff.

nfa1934
10-20-2012, 11:29 PM
That's not too bad at all Phil, sept for the barrel all VERY reasonable. You may want to consider Palmetto State Armory for some of the needed ad-ons. They have very reasonable prices for some good quality stuff.

And they have lpk without the FCG. I think they know some people want to put their money in the trigger.

I ordered the Geissele FCG today, later I'm planning to get the Ergo grip lpk minus the FCG.

PSA's sale this weekend is the lowest price I've seen on t he Geissele SSA-E.

filthy phil
10-21-2012, 03:57 AM
This project began around a desire for a noveske bbl and I didnt want a frankengun.
Im getting flamed (not here but on m4carbine.net)for spending four bills on a bbl but aint that the heart of the
gun?

L1A1Rocker
10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
This project began around a desire for a noveske bbl and I didnt want a frankengun.
Im getting flamed (not here but on m4carbine.net)for spending four bills on a bbl but aint that the heart of the
gun?

I don't blame you at all. You've been able to pick up most of the Noveske brand at almost unheard of prices. With just one major item purchased at full price you've been able to put together a "Cadillac" of AR rifles. Were I in your position I'd do the same - it's some GREAT bragging rites to have a full Noveske rifle.

I'm just a big fan of the 300BLK cartridge. I have a 20in AR rifle (556) in the safe but it doesn't see much shooting time. I've just got it to cover all my bases for weapon/ammo commonality should there ever be a problem. If you reload and (especially) if you cast your own bullets, the 300BLK can be rather economical to shoot too. So far I only cast the heavy sub-sonic bullets, but I should have a custome mold in by the end of the month that will cast 130gr hollow points. It's a very fun caliber.

Helen Keller
10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
snobbery

filthy phil
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't blame you at all. You've been able to pick up most of the Noveske brand at almost unheard of prices. With just one major item purchased at full price you've been able to put together a "Cadillac" of AR rifles. Were I in your position I'd do the same - it's some GREAT bragging rites to have a full Noveske rifle.

I'm just a big fan of the 300BLK cartridge. I have a 20in AR rifle (556) in the safe but it doesn't see much shooting time. I've just got it to cover all my bases for weapon/ammo commonality should there ever be a problem. If you reload and (especially) if you cast your own bullets, the 300BLK can be rather economical to shoot too. So far I only cast the heavy sub-sonic bullets, but I should have a custome mold in by the end of the month that will cast 130gr hollow points. It's a very fun caliber.
I heard the 300 won t go through cinder blocks like the 556.
the ak zips on through

L1A1Rocker
10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I heard the 300 won t go through cinder blocks like the 556.
the ak zips on through

Yeah, I've "heard" a LOT about what the 300BLK "can't" do.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/300aacblkbarriersummary.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cvxq7-Ior-g#!

Helen Keller
10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
was a good writeup in SGN on 300blk.
I have everything for mine just waiting on my little barrel to show up.

I'm gonna turn my little drill press into a permanent case trimmer.

Solidus-snake
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Just don't be like the other Noveske fanboys and only take it out of the safe long enough to take pictures of it.

nfa1934
10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
The most important selling point for me that .300 BLK "can" do is cycle an AR action with subsonic ammo.