PDA

View Full Version : Used Legion/Arsenal LV SGL21 found at gun shop

Noah Zark
10-31-2012, 08:07 AM
I haven't picked up any new AK-based toys in 3 or 4 years, but in late June I did find this used Legion Saiga / Arsenal Las Vegas SGL21 wearing OD green livery in a gun shop for $450 OTD; which seemed like a smoking good deal:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/Noah_Zark/DSC01223R.jpg

I don't care for that muzzle device, but the weapon is very well put together and is quite accurate. I've only fired the Golden Tiger 7.62 through it, but I have no problem hitting bowling pins at 100 yds and 2-Ltr soda bottles at 200 yds.

Noah

El Laton Caliente
10-31-2012, 08:12 AM
That was a good deal and the rifle sound pretty accurate.

I never like the looks of the 74 style brakes, but they are one that does reduce felt recoil and makes for faster follow-up. Not pretty, but one of the more fuctional brakes...

Noah Zark
10-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Laton:

I've been out of acquiring new to me AKs for a few years and had no idea whatsoever what a "Legion Saiga" was, but I do recall Arsenal LV, etc. I figured that a Saiga in that configuration, accepting hi-cap mags, with evidence of very little firing, and at a WASR price point just had to be a no-brainer. Price was $459 and the LGS owner offered $450 OTD while I had the hood off it and was looking at the reciprocating and rotating bits inside with my Streamlight. The thing is very nicely put together.

Noah