PDA

View Full Version : 500.00 Dollar Polytech Underfolder on Range Today.

Hobe Sound AK
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I Went to the Indian River Public Shooting Range today in Sebastian, Florida, Today. While I am on my 2 Week Vacation I wanted to make it to the Range at least one Time. Sebastian to Hobe Sound, is about 80 Miles. The only Outdoor Range I can Afford. I took my preban Norinco Type-56S-1, Factory-66, from C.S.I. to try it out after getting the Handguards refinished, and added the wider Polytech Pistolgrip. I met a Man from nearby Vero Beach. He was shooting a Polytech double Underfolder, which appeared to be in at least Excellent Condition, if not LNIB. He had bought it off a good Friend who had sold it to him for what he paid for it back in the late 1980's. Five Hundread Dollars! I told the man he was very Lucky to find one for that Price. Gave him some Addresses to get some equipment for it. He needed the Russian Translation Manual, had orderred a Manual from Keng's. told him he needed a Pouch for his Magazine he did not have a Cleaning Kit, or Front Sight Tool, gave him the Address for this Forum and told him about the Polytech Forum. I hope he join's he need's help getting into the Rifle. as he did not know anything about it. including how to take it apart, or adjust his sights. Perhaps the Polytech Forum will have a new Member soon. Paul

imanaknut
11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
$500 for a double underfolder is amazing. In fact there have been many people reporting getting amazing deals these last few weeks.

silentkilla
11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
i think i would have rather ran across that deal rather than the chiak i ran across for 300 ,,,,,,,,, not just kidding i love my knew toy!! i wish i could run across one of them one day though

hazmat
11-01-2012, 11:03 PM
What was it Frency used to preach? Patience and little bit of luck? Some have all the luck, others, like me, have to rely on patience...(I'm still waiting on that lucky $500 Poly Legend or double folder. One of these days...)

johnnyringo
11-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm the guy! My thanks to Paul for all the great info, time and advice. I've order the manual he recommended and a site tool as well. Did a little looking for a mag pouch but nothing yet. I'm going to need some coaching about the proper proceedure to site it in.

Hobe Sound AK
11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey John, welcome to the Forum's. Glad you made it here. Remember dont attempt any Takedown till you get that Manual. Paul

imanaknut
11-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm the guy! My thanks to Paul for all the great info, time and advice. I've order the manual he recommended and a site tool as well. Did a little looking for a mag pouch but nothing yet. I'm going to need some coaching about the proper proceedure to site it in.

Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

The Poly Technologies "double underfolder" is among the most cherished of collectible AK variants. You virtually stole that one in today's market. Congrats on a great deal!!!!!

silentkilla
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
i think i speak for everyone..............(I HATE YOU)....... ! BUT CONGRATS ON THE A.K,,,,,,, LUCKY DOG

Full Otto
11-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Nice score man, welcome

johnnyringo
11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Sight tool and Russian manual arrived yesterday. I'm amazed at the speed Amazon delivers!