PDA

View Full Version : Looks liike the poor reporting is starting already

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Fox called Vermont for Obama with 0% of precincts reporting.

IN and KY to Romney with 9 and 16% reporting.

CNN says same except hasn't called Indiana yet.

Is there any actual point to not waiting until at least 20% report?

At least they haven't called California yet.

BTW, Fox has a decent map, CNN is a cluttered mess

Tiredofit
11-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I really wish they would stop all this early reporting and predicting. Wait for all the votes to be counted!

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Wait for all the votes to be counted!

Or even at least some...WV to Romney with 0% reporting

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Fox just called SC for Mitt where Obama is up by 11%. Their map has it listed as Obama 29,000 Romney 23,000 (55 to 44%) and Romney is the winner.

Oy vey.

imanaknut
11-06-2012, 08:06 PM
With no votes reported, might as well get it over with and give commiefornia and New York to obama-messiah. Two biggest states beat a dozen bitty ones.

LAGC
11-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I think alot of these early projections are based on exit polls taken throughout the day.

El Laton Caliente
11-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I just switched over to CNN and they called six or eight states with zero reports....

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Fuck it, I'm calling Montana for Gary Johnson. If they can just call random shit then so can I.

Looks like Thomas Jefferson just took N. Dakota, Alex Hamilton is beating Felix the Cat in Washington State.

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 08:13 PM
I just switched over to CNN and they called six or eight states with zero reports....

Everybody's doing it, it's ridiculous. A lot of these states are already giving out early numbers, report those and stop just making crap up!

Schuetzenman
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
With no votes reported, might as well get it over with and give commiefornia and New York to obama-messiah. Two biggest states beat a dozen bitty ones.

Which is what is wrong with the Electoral College system. If the country is to be made of of EQUAL States, you can't give one state more say than another with more votes in the college. Should be 1 or 2 votes for each state based off of who wins the popular vote. Candidate with the most states going for them wins. Much Simpler and the Craps would be dead in the water.

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Ok, now they are just cracking me up.

They called IL with 22 votes (11 for each) and show it as 25% to 25%.

The answer to "who's drinking tonight?" apparently whoever is putting up the numbers at the network websites.

El Jefe
11-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Everybody's doing it, it's ridiculous. A lot of these states are already giving out early numbers, report those and stop just making crap up!

Dude, have you ever watched an election night on tv before? This is no different
than the last 6 or more have been. Besides, you weren't voting, so you don't have horse in the race, right?

Richard Simmons
11-06-2012, 08:26 PM
They are using a percentage of exit poll numbers and votes reported. Have they been proved wrong yet?

jet3534
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Or even at least some...WV to Romney with 0% reporting Probably a safe call considering a convicted felon in a Texas prison got over 40% of the WV dimocrap presidential candidate primary vote. The Obama war on coal does not play well in this state.

Oswald Bastable
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM

It's all based on exit polling at this point. Later in the evening as actual counts come in, those will be reported, but at this point it's all fantasy land based on what some schlubs tell the pollsters as they're leaving the polls.

Kadmos
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Dude, have you ever watched an election night on tv before? This is no different
than the last 6 or more have been. Besides, you weren't voting, so you don't have horse in the race, right?

I'm talking about the websites. On TV they always talk about the "projected" or "exit polls" or "likely". And they do a "projected map" along with an actual numbers map.

What they have normally put up on the web has been actual numbers.

I did end up voting, wasn't planning on it, but haven't missed one yet, decided not to start now.

Helen Keller
11-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Yea.. "Projecting" with maybe 5% of places in right now.

They say Obongo has PA BUT.... with not even 1 third of the counties reporting I guess.. Those folks votes dont count in this "project"

Focused Gunfire
11-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Always take what the MSM says with a salt shaker of salt.